Opportunity to share your experience of DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
We've had the below request from Sam Cox, our Knowledge Officer for Legal and Welfare Rights. Please do get in touch with her if you're able to help. Thanks :)

Have you, a relative, or the person you care for been subject to the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards? If yes: would you be willing to share your experience?

Every year the Care Quality Commission (CQC) produce a report on the state of care within England, and this includes addressing how the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards have operated that year. It lists recommendations that care providers should make, shares best practice and states any changes that the CQC themselves will make.

The report often contains case studies, and this year the CQC wish to interview people that have been affected by the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. These experiences will be built into the report and their future work.

If you, a relative or the person you care for have been under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and you wish to share your experience with the CQC then please do contact me at sam.cox@alzheimers.org.uk and I can share more details about what this may involve, and answer any questions you may have. If after this you wish to proceed, I'll put you in touch with the CQC.

If you wish to be involved please contact me by Friday 8 June.

Thanks,

Sam