OPG LPA turnaround times

JHA

Aug 7, 2021
Has anyone received registered documentation back recently? If yes how long did you wait?

My moms LPA's were sent off by her Solicitor early in October nothing back as yet. Solicitor seems to think something may be back in the next couple of weeks but I am beginning to panic as mom has fluctuating capacity and it currently in a respite bed at a care home.

Jessy82

Mar 15, 2021
We waited 9 months for the LPA to be finalised, but it was started March 2020 right at the beginning of lockdown

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I spoke to them in mid November about a possible change to the POA. At that stage I was told it would take around 3 months to process any new paperwork. I got a reply on their phone number within a couple of days, so may be worth calling them on 0300 456 0300.

JHA

Aug 7, 2021
Thank you both. Had letters in the post today from OPG advising how to object to the registration and that they anticipate issue within two weeks of 17th Jan.

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Has anyone received registered documentation back recently? If yes how long did you wait?

My moms LPA's were sent off by her Solicitor early in October nothing back as yet. Solicitor seems to think something may be back in the next couple of weeks but I am beginning to panic as mom has fluctuating capacity and it currently in a respite bed at a care home.

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Hello JHA! The LPA'S take about 20 wks from posting. I've been in touch with OPG and they have said that there is a backlog because of Covid. Hope that helps.