1. jelba

jelba Registered User

Aug 1, 2012
    Huddersfield
    Does a £200 wedding gift count as a sufficient decision need to find out tried ringing the helpline for that cop but always busy and don't get enough time at lunch

2. Delphie

Delphie Registered User

Dec 14, 2011
    I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you saying you're planning to make a wedding gift of £200 or you've made one, and want to know if it's a significant decision and needs to be accounted for as such? I'd say not. I'd just do it and put it in the gifts section, retrospectively.

However, I do think that these things are relative. If, for example, the person's entire monthly income was £200, or they had savings of £400 and you were gifting what was a significant proportion of what they have then I suppose someone at the OPG might raise an eyebrow. That said, if you were dealing with such small assets then it's unlikely you'd be doing a full annual report.

So my advice, as someone who's been a Deputy x 2 for years, is make sure it's affordable, gift it, then just put £200 in the gifts section with wedding gift as an explanation. That should do it.