Opening all 'doors' etc.

Luca

Jul 9, 2008
Sutton Coldfield.
Just been out for a meal with friends and had quite a good ecvening. Home again and B has zstarted to explore all things in the kitchen. Screw come out of cooler - dish washer want shut. I am now scared at what else he will do [not to me]. Is this a new phase I am to expect. I really have shouted and now I am feeling dreadful. Tomorrow is OUR birthday and have been invited to a meal but am now being driven mad by 'whats happening tomorrow'. I am fed up. Luca.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
'whats happening tomorrow'

Sorry, Luca, but this is a regular question here. Then tomorrow it will be 'what's happening today' until tomorrow evening then ....... guess what :rolleyes:

I sm so sorry that this is getting to you. I am sure you will get over it and find a way of letting it go over your head. I good swear in the kitchen or a glass of wine seem to help. :)

Love Jan

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
'whats happening tomorrow'. I am fed up.

All I can say , May be of no help, but I know how you feel .

Home again and B has zstarted to explore all things in the kitchen. Screw come out of cooler - dish washer want shut.

Your husband could be agitated worry about tomorrow ,so the more worried he is the more intent the repeating became then the behavior that what your seeing him doing in Kitchen is the reaction to it all .

The disease done that to my mother also , mum can still get like that now , but with just walking up down with Zimmer frame . I found putting radio on a channel with smooth music cram my mother down. Its hard to ignore, telling him to stop is not going to help , just try to distract him . you could get out photo album of past birthdays, keep resuring him that tomorrow is going to be a really great day for both of you .

If he carry on asking the same question, keep doing what his doing in kitchen. just go into another room on your own take few deep breaths & go back to him when your ready .

Last edited:

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Luca, I too was going to suggest deep breathes. Hope they work.

Tomorrow is OUR birthday and have been invited to a meal but am now being driven mad by 'whats happening tomorrow'. I am fed up. Luca.

I found that I was better sometimes not informing Lionel of anything that we were doing in advance. To a certain extent it stopped the questioning, although I always felt sad not being able 'just to share'.

However for your husband peace of mind it might be worth trying.

Happy birthday for tomorrow.

cake.gif

Love n'hugs.

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Luca
I know what you mean about being fed up.
Try to take on board what Connie says, it dos help sometimes.

Connie
Know what you mean about not being able to share things,
I find myself stopping myself from telling my husband things that have happened because I know he will not rememember and we have to keep going over things again and again.

Luca I wish you a Happy Birthday tomorrow:)
Love ROSEANN

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Luca

I really have shouted and now I am feeling dreadful

Sounds familiar. Are the things wrong in the kitchen down to B or are they snagging faults in which case the kitchen company should deal with them?

Anyway Luca HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

View attachment 3393

Love

Last edited: