only when she laughs

candymostdandy@

May 12, 2006
west sussex
Been to the doctor with mum as she is prone to wetting herself when she laughs., has been on medication which appeared to improve the situation, and last week the doctor fitted a pessary ( small white plastic ring) which was supposed to hitch everything up.

Unfortunately it appears to have had the opposite affect, and within an hour of fitting she laughed and then wet herself, once she starts she then can't stop.

doctor is now going to refer mum to a gynaecologist (hope thats the correct spelling).

Is there any hope of being able to resolve this problem?

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Sorry can’t be of any help , but it nice to read that your mum like to laugh sounds fun to be around with you both :) .

PS did you sort out the Direct Payments ?

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Positive Attitude

Margarita-be proud of yourself. You have such a positive attitude you make me feel ashamed.
Keep it up, I will try to take a leaf out of your book.
Grannie G

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
Sounds like your Mum could have a prolapse of the uterus - common in many women with children. A gynaecologist is the best person to help her. In the meantime could she have some small incontinence pads so she dosn't suffer too much with the embarrasment of being wet. Try not to make a big fuss of it. If possible turn it in to something else to laugh about, lifes too short to let anything get you down. Good luck , love Zan

candymostdandy@

May 12, 2006
west sussex
Margarita - re Direct Payments - fallen at first hurdle, although mum has a very small pension, we have to use up her money from the sale of her home before we can claim.

We do have fun, as mum hasn't lost her sense of humour and can mostly laugh at herself and the many mad things that she does. When I tell friends about some of the things that go on im my home they have likened us to a Little Brittain sketch.

eg

The doctor prescribed some cream for her to use "down below"as she was sore, the tube had to be kept in the fridge.

Igave mum the cream told her to apply some and then return to tube to be as it had to be kept in the fridge.

She came back a few minutes later, without the tube. I asked her were the tube of cream was and she returned to the bathroom to retreave it.

On her return she stood there with a tube in her had which she insisted that she had used - it was toothpaste.

We then had to go in search of the tube, which she had in that short space of time hidden, and I finally found it in ther bedroom hidden amongst her clothes.

Once the cream was found I asked her if she had actually used it, she couldn't remember, so I squirted some on her hand, and returned the tube to be fridge.

and so it goes on....

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
lol :) sounds like something my mum would of done in the past .

when my mum got very sore down below I did hate the Having to rub the cream down below, but did if only for a littlie while, that’s the point that I thought can’t do this any more and was thinking of getting in a carer also found mum use to get very sore under her breast doctor keep giving me cream , but it only work for a while , then mum went in to emergence respite for 3 mouths and mum care worker in care home told me to get Sudocream Antiseptic healing cream for Nappy Rash, Eczema bed sores and it really did the job .

Then when mum came home I got the carer to come in the morning to wash mum and she does all that part with the cream

So as you can’t get direct payments spend some of your mum money on treating yourself (if you can call it that) on getting a carer for one hour in the morning to wash your mum

If you’re mum like mine, she won’t like it at first. now am wondering do you have one already , but still need to rub cream in . with Sudocream if only needs to be done ones a day when mum has a wash

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
PS

Oh I was talking to my social worker about my review care plan she told me that she going to get in direct nurse to come around as my mother keeps leaking, sleeping to long and forgetting to go to the loo during the day & has even stop drinking to much because she does not want to keep going to the loo ,they said that direct nurse can give me something that has a pad in the kickers in case mum leaks ,can't remember the name . I know that’s there no way my mum going to put on those big nappy so told her that , then she told me about those other nappy .

I have not told mum about this as she go in to one about it shall leave it to the direct nurse to help me on that when she come around , My mother even said to me in Spanish when SW came around to mum day centre to day to do the assessment , tell them that I help you clean the house , cover for me . found that strange really that mum has that insight , but never tell me only when medical people are around mum must of been scared for some rerson

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan