Online talk: microaggressions faced by LGBTQ+ people in health and social care settings

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
This Pride month, Phil Harper (lecturer and doctoral candidate) will be giving an online talk on Saturday 19 June at 12pm (UK time) about the microaggressions that people who identify as LGBTQ+ face in health and social care settings.

A microaggression is a term for everyday slights, intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory or negative attitudes towards people from marginalised groups.

The link to join on the day is here: https://meet.google.com/hdh-bfmr-gqz

E2WNRXEWQAUfyHp.jpg

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you @HarrietD. I`ll certainly be watching

This is something none of us know about unless we have personal experience. In some ways it`s comparable to education about racism and dementia.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You're welcome @Grannie G and I hope you got the chance to watch it! Absolutely, education and awareness is so important.

I missed it @harriet. My granddaughter was home for the weekend and called round. I couldn`t put her off. I didn`t want to but I really also wanted to see this talk.

Can you find out if there was a recording ? I really wanted to see it.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thank you for that @HarrietD. I’ll watch it with interest. I’ve forwarded the link to David, who is now a post diagnostic support worker. I’m sure he will find it helpful too.