Online course

fortune

Sep 12, 2014
Just to tell people about the Wickin Institute free online course on dementia, details here www.utas.edu.au/wicking/understanding-dementia
I am part way through this course and am finding it invaluable. I now understand so much more about why my mum behaves like she does and what is likely to help her (and what is not). You'd probably need 4-5 hours a week to do it and it lasts a few weeks from start to finish. It is very well presented, lots of short videos and easy language for non-scientists. Also no exams or anything like that! So I'd highly recommend it to anyone dealing with dementia. It's making life easier for me as I feel I now understand what's going on with lots of things which were driving me round the bend.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I did this course a few years ago when my husband was alive. I agree that it's an excellent course and I really enjoyed doing it.

SeismicPenguin

Feb 28, 2018
Scotland
This is really useful feedback - I have wondered about doing it and having a recommendation is helpful. It's just finding the time that is stopping me now, because I'm also trying to fit in a vocational distance learning course. Enrolment closes 12 March I note, so I better make up my mind!!

LucyHP

Jan 28, 2017
Essex
Thanks for this I have just enrolled. Anything that might help me understand and deal with my Dad is worth a shot. I'm struggling to separate the man from the disease right now. Thank you.