Online Campaign to increase Carers Allowance

dasntn

May 21, 2014
North Devon
Hi

I've just added a campaign on the 38degrees website, asking that Carers Allowance be raised to be in line with the minimum wage - the link to it is below
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/pay-carers-the-minimum-wage

I'm sure I don't need to explain to anyone here how inadequate the current level is, and as we have just entered an election campaign, now is the time to try and get this adopted by as many parties as possible.

The more people that sign and share the campaign, the more likely we are to succeed.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Hi

I've just added a campaign on the 38degrees website, asking that Carers Allowance be raised to be in line with the minimum wage - the link to it is below

I'm sure I don't need to explain to anyone here how inadequate the current level is, and as we have just entered an election campaign, now is the time to try and get this adopted by as many parties as possible.

The more people that sign and share the campaign, the more likely we are to succeed.

I'm thinking at least £750 per week. That's what care homes charge and I bet each of you does at least as much as they do.

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Signed and shared. This is such a disgrace. I have emailed my local MP just today and said the same thing! I am seething that this is SO low!

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Hi

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
I have shared on Facebook and there are a few comments and more shares too. Everyone is digusted that carers get much less than the minimum wage! Hope this promotes change in the stone hearts of the goverment...

Soroptimist

Jun 10, 2018
Signed - thanks @dasnt for doing this. Did you hear Andrew Dilnot on Today on Radio 4 just now? He said that people affected with dementia need to make their voices heard. Clearly the campaigning done already isn't hitting the right note. We need to get this out there far and wide, and get Government to change...

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Signed - thanks @dasnt for doing this. Did you hear Andrew Dilnot on Today on Radio 4 just now? He said that people affected with dementia need to make their voices heard. Clearly the campaigning done already isn't hitting the right note. We need to get this out there far and wide, and get Government to change...

But why isn't it hitting the right note? The TV programs, the petitions, the constant reportage... yet they choose to ignore us until we make our voices heard. We HAVE made our voices heard, they choose to keep it quiet and us in the dark for as long as they possibly can and why wouldn't they - much cheaper for the government. It all disgusts me :(

dasntn

May 21, 2014
North Devon

Hi, no I didn't hear that, but he has a point!

dasntn

May 21, 2014
North Devon
Thanks to everyone for the support and messages about this. I checked a few days ago and about 200 people had signed it, which is about what I expected.

I had a call 10 mins ago from 38 Degrees - there are over 12,000 signatures now, growing at about 30 an hour.
They called to ask me how I managed to get such great traction, and it has to be down to the members of this forum signing it and sharing it!

Well done everyone!!

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
Hi

signed and shared! Xx

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Thanks to everyone for the support and messages about this. I checked a few days ago and about 200 people had signed it, which is about what I expected.

I had a call 10 mins ago from 38 Degrees - there are over 12,000 signatures now, growing at about 30 an hour.
They called to ask me how I managed to get such great traction, and it has to be down to the members of this forum signing it and sharing it!

Well done everyone!!

Fantastic!