1. Our next Q&A session is on the topic of Christmas and dementia.This time we want our Q&A to involve our resident experts, you! Share tips and advice on navigating Christmas here in this thread.

Pop by and post your questions or if you prefer you can email your question to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.
  1. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Last Valentine's Day, in 2005, I appeared on the "This Morning" programme on TV to talk about Jan. I'm amazed at the number of people I still meet who say "I saw you on TV talking about Alzheimer's". The most recent was yesterday.

Clearly a very good platform for raising of awareness!

2. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Gosh, was it that long ago. I remember the interview so well. I taped it so that it could be shown at our Early Onset group meetings. Well done once again, Connie

3. Nutty Nan

Nutty Nan Registered User

Nov 2, 2003
    Buckinghamshire
    Living in a time-vacuum

I have just today been prompted to think of our last proper holiday, and realised that it was almost six years ago. I can't account for the time that has elapsed since then, most of it seems to have been eaten up with endless attempts at adapting to an ever-changing situation. It feels a bit as though we live in a time-vaccum, and life is what happens outside our bubble.
    I try hard not to think of what we are waiting for ....... I am just glad I didn't know six years ago what was ahead of us.

4. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Dear Nan, is there a life outside of the bubble. Like you, I feel like I am waiting, but for what?. All we can do is go with the flow, and adapt to the ever changing situations.

Take care now, Connie