One year on and still standing

sammyb

Sep 19, 2007
Nottingham
Hallo everyone. Don't know if you remember me from last year. It is a year ago tomorrow that I lost my lovely laddo. I cannot believe it because it seems like only yesterday. Much of the year has passed in a fog and it has been difficult. But I have managed to keep working, have had the house re-decorated and re-carpeted and had a new kitchen - though where and when I ordered that lot I haven't a clue!!! I have kept on our narrow boat and allotment and I have great friends and family and, fingers crossed, I may know tomorrow whether or not I am going to be a grandma - our first. If so I will be journeying to New Zealand next April. So yes, one year on and I am still standing. The odd wobble at times but still standing.

Love from Sammyb

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I certainly remember you Sammy and am so pleased to have an update. So often people just disappear and although in some ways it`s good, it does leave people like me wondering.
However thick a fog you`ve been in you`ve survived and by the sounds of it survived well.
It will be lovely if the news of a new grandchild is confirmed.
Take care xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hello Sammy,

It's nice to hear that things are moving forward for you.

I hope you hear that you are going to be a grandma.

That really would be something lovely to look forward too.

Take Care,

Love Taffy.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Sammy.....

It's so good of you to give us an update. I can't believe it's a year since you lost your laddo..but you sound as though you're coming through the fog now and out into the sunshine.

I'm sure it's been hard for you..but your family and friends have rallied round and been there for you, which must have helped enormously.

How exciting to have the possibility of a new grandchild...you must let us know tomorrow..please..:)

Keep well..and take care.

Love xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Sylvia mentioned in a previous post - the circle of life - how very true. Congratulations on getting through the past year. I can imagine how hard it has been. And congratulations on your forthcoming 'little event'. I'm sure you will continue to keep putting one foot in front of the other, despite wobbles now and again.

Your post made me stop and think about my own position.

I'm very glad that you have had the courage and support to come through this last year.

xxTinaT

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Sammy
I remember your posts well from last year as I was new to the forum then. Such a lot happens in a year? Glad to see you have made it through without your laddo even woth the odd wobble or too:eek:

Love Julie xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Sammy, how thoughtful of you to let us have an update.

Your post will help so many who are in a similar position to yourself. So good to hear from you about your last year.

Wishing you well to go forward, and plaease keep in touch.
Love n'hugs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet