One word only - TESTER

Coletta

Jan 6, 2009
Souh East Essex
Hi Everyone,

Im hopping mad:mad:
I submitted my first longish post/thread at 2am but....nothing happened.
I have just written another one, intending it to be short, but turning out longer than I wanted, again....nothing happened.
I ensured I was logged in before submitting, and presume I was 'timed out'.

Question: is it possible to save a draft. Surely many of us carers start to write and have continuous interruptions. I started my 2am post in the afternoon yesterday!

I wont ask my question now, too tired and have a 'brain ache', I will stick to the occasional response if its not third time lucky!!

Goingitalone/Maggie: Very pleased to hear your good news
Johnpatcarl: You are an amazing carer. You and Margaret have been through so much. Lovely photos.
Padraig: Thinking of you and hoping your book will soon be published.

Love and best wishes to all
Coletta

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Coletta,

This doesn't usually happen to me, but the other day I was on my sister's computer and had logged on without clicking the Remember me box. I typed a long reply and lost it and yes it's annoying.

Once I clicked the Remember me box it stopped booting me out. The other thing you could do is type the reply in Word and then copy and paste it here.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Coletta
This has happened to me once, I have read on here that it has happened to others too and its so so annoying.

If it happens again try clicking on the back button on your pc, it has worked for me,

I know their is another way of typing a post off of TP and copying it here but im not computor literate.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
This can happen if you don't have the "remember me" button ticked
Screen shot 2011-07-03 at 10.30.52 AM.png

Assuming you don't however, if you are posting and your time has "run out" you'll get this screen

Screen shot 2011-07-03 at 12.23.25 PM.png

And then you log in and find that there is a major bug (or at least I did), rats, rats, rats.

In the past, if you logged in at that point by following the prompts your post would post, but not any more at least not on Safari.

I'll report it.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm still confused about this logging in business as I never log in or out. Should I? Am I committing some sort of sin? I just click on 'Alz Talking point' - which is always listed, along with some other things at the top of my screen and I arrive straight at the main TP page.
Is there an advantage in logging off or a disadvantage in not doing so? If it doesn't make any difference, why do it? Please enlighten me!:confused:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
If you were sharing a computer with another person, you'd want to log off Saffie, or using a public computer. Most people in that situation either log off, or don't have the remember me box ticked, which mean the system logs them off after a period of time. Apart from those two situations, there is absolutely no reason to log off. I hardly ever do.

Coletta

Jan 6, 2009
Souh East Essex
Dear Sue, Lin, Saffie & Jennifer

Thank you for coming to the rescue!. It's so simple when you know how, I had noticed the 'remember me' box and wondered what that was for. Makes perfect sense now! Thank you especially Jennifer for putting up an arrow to show where to click - perfect for us 'illiterates'::D
Sue, I remember years ago my son explaining to me how to type in Word and then to copy and paste in another document. I had completely forgotten about that!!:eek::eek:

Coletta xx