One thing after another...!

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Having just got my father settled in a Nursing Home and all the accusations from family members having ceased for the time being, my Mother has been reassessed by her doctor who thinks she will have to go into Residential Care soon!!!!

Oh the joy and happiness that news will bring to my sisters....no doubt their vicious words will start to fly once more. :(

My Mum is very confused now and says the strangest things at times. The other day she thought Dad was Father Christmas! She still lives at home on her own now, and she copes ok I suppose. She has meals on wheels and evening care visits to check she has eaten and to prompt her medication.

This news from the Doc has come sooner than I expected. He said she was well cared for however but getting very confused.

Not really asking for any advise here just wanted to put it on paper ...talk with people who understand.

Thanks for listening.

M

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I'm sorry to hear that you mum may have to go into care. Will she be able to go to the same place as your father? I could imagine it would be even more difficult if they were in different places.

There is someone in my mum's home whose husband was admitted to the sister home which shares the grounds. One of the homes is nursing and the other is EMI nursing. When my mum first went to the nursing home following her broken hip we thought that the other home was EMI care rather than EMI nursing and that if her mobility improved so she no longer needed nursing care then she would be able to move to the EMI home. Now it seems that if she got worse as far as the dementia is concerned she would move to the EMI nursing home.

Someone should run a course on how to find your way around the 'system'. If I'd put the same amount of time into researching anything else I'd probably be well on my way to a degree by now :confused:

I hope you have a lovely time tonight.:)

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
You are having a bad time at the moment, aren't you.

Siblings can be a right royal pain. Your sisters should get together with my brother, let's raise some serious cash and buy them a private island where they can live together, taking out their spite on each other, leaving us to get on with what really matters, looking after our loved ones as best we can.

It is strange, as children and young adults, my brother and I were inseperable, our sister was almost ignored. Since Mum's AD began, we sisters have got closer and closer as we agree on almost everything to do with aspects of her care and have made all the tough decisions together.

I liken my brother to a wasp at a picnic, just when you think it is gone, back it comes buzzing in your ear again......... pass me the fly swat!!

Hope you have a lovely time tonight, have fun.

Kathleen

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Kathleen said:
Siblings can be a right royal pain. Your sisters should get together with my brother, let's raise some serious cash and buy them a private island where they can live together, taking out their spite on each other, leaving us to get on with what really matters, looking after our loved ones as best we can.

It is strange, as children and young adults, my brother and I were inseperable, our sister was almost ignored. Since Mum's AD began, we sisters have got closer and closer as we agree on almost everything to do with aspects of her care and have made all the tough decisions together.

I liken my brother to a wasp at a picnic, just when you think it is gone, back it comes buzzing in your ear again......... pass me the fly swat!!
Kathleen

Would there be room on this island for my brother, his wife and their daughters! Just think how miserable they could all make each other, instead of inflicting it on us :D

My brother and I were never close, I often wish that I really had a brother because I don't consider him to be that.

Like you and your sister, luckily my sister and myself generally agree on most of the decisions regarding my mother and it has made us closer.

My brother also has distinctive wasp like features. Pity we can't get a 'brother spray'!!!

My mum hasn't had a mother's day card off him yet - what a surprise!

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
These last few weeks/ months, especially, I have wished for 'an army' of brothers and sisters so I didn't have to face this on my own.... but then I appreciate there can be benefits of being an 'only one' too!!!!!

'M', hope you have a great night tonight!

Love, Tender Face

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Hi All!

I must say I think the Island is a wonderful idea...if only I had some spare time to look up "islands...designed for bothersome family members" on the net!!!!!...ah well, maybe in the next life!!!!

I used to be close to both my sisters...until Dad got ill...I am still reeling at their reactions and try as I might I cannot fathom them out at all...so I have decided to try and stop trying.....my blood pressure wont take it and I must surely run out of tears any time now...ha ha!

Hope tonight goes well...we actually went out about 26 years ago and he rediscovered me on a dating site!!...I know...we took a long time for that 2nd date...tee hee.

Have a lovely weekend all...speak to you soon.
Take care.
Love and hugs...
M
x

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Update!

Well, the date went ok. He is pleasant although not really for me....talks about motorbikes and cars all the time.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! ha ha! Never mind...better luck next time! Hope you are all having a good weekend. I am going to watch the F1 today and rest my feet after hours of extra work this week due to the Head Chef being off. Speak to you soon.
M