One more day

foxhound

Jun 26, 2008
As you will know from reading my recent posts, I am desperately trying to make sure my 86 year old mothers meds are adjusted at home rather than putting her through an admission. The last one earlier this year was something she found deeply traumatic.

Where are we now? The Home Nursing team are very sympathetic but no-one will make a decision until the GP, Psych-Ger Consultant and Home Nursing Consultant have talked tomorrow.

The poor old girl has had a truly terrible 3 days of suffering and I am very close to pushing the button on admission today. However, the nurse agrees that it is worth trying to hang on and see what is decided tommorrow.

All digits crossed everyone please and some kind encouragemnt would be much appreciated.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi foxhound

I know how frustrating it can be waiting on the timescales of the system, when dementia knows no timescales and ploughs on regardless.

If you can manage to hang on, then I really feel that would be best for both of you. Admission to hospital is always fraught and could make the situation worse rather than better.

However, you know your limits, so keep it as an option and do use it if you can't manage.

It is a courageous thing you are doing - many would have gone the admission route at once.

Hope it goes well......

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hello Foxhound

All digits crossed everyone please and some kind encouragemnt would be much appreciated.

A BIG HUG X and encouragement to you.
Barb X & Ron ZZZ