On the Feast of Stephen

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Oh well, it's all over bar the shouting.
The bin man will get a surprise when he tries to pull my bin to the wagon tomorrow.
I have stamped on it from a great height and it is as compacted as an impounded car in a masher.

Mam, who had cleverly avoided opening all the Xmas presents lying around her house for the past fortnight, had to be given a chinese burn to make her open her own....

She went to middle sisters and pics on facebook prove she DID actually get Xmas dinner this year so...HURRAH!
No sisterly('tween big and middly) scraps that last until Easter.

I have enough food to last for a year but it all has to be eaten within 24 hours....
I have a constant dribble of alcohol in my system, a glass of champagne for breakfast, a Black Russian for elevenses, Shiraz while I load the dishwasher....
I had a thumping headache all through Downton Abbey, then Matthew(a character) was killed...
Went to bed feeling like a Christmas Elf with a redundancy notice.

But today I walk in Wenceslas' footprints and I'm talking all the excess to my sons (he's going back home this afternoon, work tomorrow)
I will be able to take something out of the fridge without it being like doing a Rubik cube.

Mam is still saying she hasn't baked for Christmas, she will do until the tree is down.

Pig brother arrives tomorrow so I am keeping away, I choose to keep my sanity and freedom.

Peter's op potentially tomorrow, we await their phone call anytime until 10am Thursday.
I hope it happens, not that it will change things, I have had to bray nails into a fence that fell down this morning, with his kind supervision and instructions.
I had a hammer in my hand and my jamas on,
he was very brave and I was very patient.
He survived.
Seasons Greetings to all of your and peace and comfort to any that feel despair,
Much Love,
Gwen XXX

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I really am going togo mad.

well after a Christmas Day which was not as bad ass I expected, Boxing Day has come to send me close to the edge.

We have TV on CBBC!!!!!!! My husband can switch off from it, but I cannot. It seems to follow me around the house wherever I go to escape.

If I hear the Twelve Days of Christmas again this century I will scream.

It hasbeen going on for at least 30 minutes now.

He knows it is annoying me but just sits and reads and looks up every now and again.

Turning it off would only give me peace for a few minutes as he would put it on again.

The spirit of Christmas has certainly left me

Jeannette

Roma

Jan 15, 2008
UK
Wish I hadn't read your e-mail garnuft. I've taped Downton Abbey to watch tomorrow - you should have had a spoiler alert at the beginning of your thread!!!

Mind you the press was saying that the actor who plays Matthew was probably going to be leaving so I'm not surprised.

Happy New Year.

Roma x

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
OH, I'M SORRY Roma :eek:
Mind you, my son said as we were watching it that the actor was leaving next year. So I wasn't surprised.
I would think twice if I was an actor in it and I, or my other half is pregnant, it means one of you is going to get bumped off. Sorry again, I hate it myself.

Oh Jeanette,
I would switch it off.
The chuntering can't be worse than the constant drivel you're having to hear.
Even switch over.
I would just go in, switch over and see what happens.
Would he not just watch anything? or does it have to be the noisy 'funny' telly he has been watching for the past two days?
I am short-tempered and I'm afraid I would say (euphemism for shout) 'I need to switch over'
Or I would switch it off and deal with the consequences.
Mind you, my advice is no good because 9 times out of 10 I have to back-track,
I do however, find some relief in being a temporary, contrite Dictator,

Much Sympathy,
Love,
Gwen XXX

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Gwen I am sorry I did not mean to take over your thread I thought I had started a new one. Thank you for your reply.

I am not strong enough to switch it off or turn it over, although at long last it is on BBC 1 now.

I shall have to go for a walk this afternoon I think. just to get away for a while.

Jeannette

Navara

Nov 30, 2012
Hey Garnuft, there I was thinking I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like Downton. I'd have the lot of them bumped off personally. Can't stand those ridiculous accents. It always puts me in mind of a French and Saunders sketch!

The Feast of Stephen's nearly over now folks - tomorrow we can all breath a sigh of relief as we get back to 'normality' ;)

SWMBO1950

Nov 17, 2011
Essex
I would have seconded the Downton Spoiler Alert except the Daily Mail got there first!!:mad:

Wish I hadn't read your e-mail garnuft. I've taped Downton Abbey to watch tomorrow - you should have had a spoiler alert at the beginning of your thread!!!

Mind you the press was saying that the actor who plays Matthew was probably going to be leaving so I'm not surprised.

Happy New Year.

Roma x

Roma

Jan 15, 2008
UK
I know, I've just turned the page of the Daily Mail and there it is!!!

Roma x

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
I scooped the Daily Mail.
Hurrah.

I never hacked a single phone, I just watched it when it was on.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Hiya Genesis,
Love to you and your poochy friends.

This time next year we'lll all be millionaires.
Bien tout with knobs on mon amis innit, :)

Gwen XXX

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
Hey Garnuft, there I was thinking I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like Downton. I'd have the lot of them bumped off personally. Can't stand those ridiculous accents. It always puts me in mind of a French and Saunders sketch!

The Feast of Stephen's nearly over now folks - tomorrow we can all breath a sigh of relief as we get back to 'normality' ;)

I am not a downton watcher either...."I'm a good girl I am" ooops thats from Oliver or Jack the Ripper

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513