On My Own

Minds that Matter

Nov 15, 2021
Hi everybody , My name is Danny and my mum was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia 7 months ago. Dementia at times has provided feelings that can range from dismay and deep sadness to anger and despair. It can also come as a relief. After my mums diagnosis it provided long-awaited answers for a failing memory, communication problems and changes in behaviour patterns.
My current role is the main care provider for my mum. My mums name is Bridget and she is without a doubt my absolute best friend and it kills me every day to watch her loose a little part of everything that makes her so special to me, but I will never let her down. The reason why I am so pleased to join this community is because apart from the social and emotional benefits of participating I understand that disease specific support groups enable the exchange of valuable professional and personal information and advice. At times I feel alone and unsure of what is best for my mum , so by reaching out to this community I know that there are others who are feeling the same things as me and dealing with the same issues also. I am so thankful for any advice I can gather and I will without hesitation provide support to all who require it. Thank you all in advance . ??

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello Danny @Minds that Matter
Dementia is such an isolating disease - not just for the person with dementia, but for their carer too, so welcome to Talking Point and I hope you will feel less alone

Lisa W

Oct 10, 2021
Hi Danny, my mum was diagnosed around 6months ago it breaks my heart every day, you will find comfort here. X

Gary f

Oct 6, 2021
Hello Danny @Minds that Matter
Dementia is such an isolating disease - not just for the person with dementia, but for their carer too, so welcome to Talking Point and I hope you will feel less alone
Hi everybody , My name is Danny and my mum was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia 7 months ago. Dementia at times has provided feelings that can range from dismay and deep sadness to anger and despair. It can also come as a relief. After my mums diagnosis it provided long-awaited answers for a failing memory, communication problems and changes in behaviour patterns.
My current role is the main care provider for my mum. My mums name is Bridget and she is without a doubt my absolute best friend and it kills me every day to watch her loose a little part of everything that makes her so special to me, but I will never let her down. The reason why I am so pleased to join this community is because apart from the social and emotional benefits of participating I understand that disease specific support groups enable the exchange of valuable professional and personal information and advice. At times I feel alone and unsure of what is best for my mum , so by reaching out to this community I know that there are others who are feeling the same things as me and dealing with the same issues also. I am so thankful for any advice I can gather and I will without hesitation provide support to all who require it. Thank you all in advance . ??
Hi Danny
Welcome , like you I feel left alone , family say your doing a good job ,visit for a hour now and then , sometimes you just wish phone will go for someone to talk , and not about dementia
Gary