On my own

Cristal

Oct 27, 2019
Hello , i just, I think , found an answer to what I was going to ask on a thread I saw. It was about my loved one feeling cold. It seems this happens in Alzheimer's. My love keeps getting a tingly head and saying the inside of his head feels cold then getting coldness all down each side of his body then comes the headaches, which he seems to be getting a lot of now.
He is sleeping a lot of the time too.
I give him his wooly hat to put on which seems to help him.
We live in Spain and I have been trying to get us home to the Uk for 2+years, now with this covid-19
I am sure it will be another year yet.
The doctors are very good but I can not always understand what they say so I feel so alone at times and hope I do the right things .
My love is 77 years old and on his last assessment they said he was stage 4/5 I must not let him go out alone or leave him indoors alone now we are on lockdown and can't go out , but luckily we have good friends who get our shopping and prescriptions. And I meet them at the end of our lane. As we all have to keep distance .
I worry about the amount of sleep my love needs but if he needs it then he has to have it . It's no worry

I feel there's a lot more I should say but don't like to be a bother.
Thank you for reading this x
Stay safe x

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
You are never a bother when you post here, Cristal. Please keep posting, as the isolation is hard for everyone and harder for you. There are people here happy to offer support though, and the benefit of our experience where we can.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi @Cristal and welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to read of your situation. It must be so much harder living abroad. I wondered if you had seen the Spanish Alzheimer's site -

You might find something helpful on there.

You'll find lots of help and support on our forum so please keep posting.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello and welcome from me too @Cristal.

Your loved one is at a somewhat similar stage to my wife and she too always feels cold and needs more sleep than she ever did before. I do think that is par for the course.

Best wishes to both of you.

Cristal

Oct 27, 2019
You are never a bother when you post here, Cristal. Please keep posting, as the isolation is hard for everyone and harder for you. There are people here happy to offer support though, and the benefit of our experience where we can.
Thank you very much x
Hello and welcome from me too @Cristal.

Your loved one is at a somewhat similar stage to my wife and she too always feels cold and needs more sleep than she ever did before. I do think that is par for the course.

Best wishes to both of you.
thank you very much x

Debbie J

Mar 23, 2020
Scotland
Hi Cristal
Your love sounds like my wee dad - he sleeps a lot too now. Comfort yourself that whilst he is sleeping he is safe and rested. Hopefully you will find some solace from joining this forum.

stay safe x
Debbie