Old lpa forms?

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
O/H signed the old lpa for finanacial and health in 2013 never sent them to be registered is that going to be a problem now............

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...rney-forms-are-changing-from-wednesday-1-july

Timing for transition to the new forms
To make this change easier for everyone, we’ll be accepting both the old and new versions of LPA forms for the next six months:
•From Wednesday, 1 July 2015 until Friday, 1 January 2016, you can use either the old or new versions of these forms to create and register an LPA.
•If the old LPA forms have been completed, signed and dated correctly by Friday, 1 January 2016, they can still be registered at any time providing they have been made correctly.
•If an LPA made using the old forms has not been completed, signed and dated by Friday, 1 January 2016, they won’t be able to be registered.

So it looks like you have until the 1st of Jan next year.
K

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
If the old LPA forms have been completed, signed and dated correctly by Friday, 1 January 2016, they can still be registered at any time providing they have been made correctly.

So I disagree with Kevin (sorry Kevin :)): you don't have a time frame to constrain you, assuming they were completed, signed and dated correctly in 2013. You can register them at any time,

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
O/H signed the old lpa for finanacial and health in 2013 never sent them to be registered is that going to be a problem now............
The only problem you will have is if it is returned to you if there is a mistake which may mean them having to be redone on the new forms.
:)

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I don't understand why people don't register an LPA straight away with the OPG anyway? Register it, then it's done, and if you don't wish to use it right away then don't. Registering them with a bank is a different matter. Do that when you need to.

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
I don't understand why people don't register an LPA straight away with the OPG anyway? Register it, then it's done, and if you don't wish to use it right away then don't. Registering them with a bank is a different matter. Do that when you need to.

Wish I had now. With everything I keep putting things off as if some wonder drug is going to come and make this all go away.........

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Wish I had now. With everything I keep putting things off as if some wonder drug is going to come and make this all go away.........

We all do the same Keegan, don't beat yourself up.it's hard enough getting through the day let alone all the extras.
Hope things calm down the effect on you is bad enough but your poor child is having to grow up fast.