Old Blue Eyes

jarnee

Mar 18, 2006
leicestershire
Just wanted to share something very simple, but nice (No, not my husband!!! :D )

Can't even remember why, but yesterday, I started talking to dad about music. In his younger days he was a VERY good singer. (style of Sinatra, Crosby etc etc).
Well, it really struck a chord ( so to speak) with him. I mentioned Sinatra's "My Way", which was always dad's signature tune that he sang at the end (Mum fund raised for charity and dad sang at the events many moons ago).
His eyes lit up and he sang the last line, "I did it myyyyyyyyyyy waaaay"
To cut a long story, ..and all that.... We took him a CD player today and a Frank Sinatra "Best of.." CD.
He absolutely loved it. I had to walk out of the room in tears (happiness) at one point as he tried to sing along. He clearly remembered the songs, but not all the words.

As we took him to the dining room for tea, he said, about the CD player, "Can I keep this?" . He was thrilled when we said it was his. Then, as we left him at the table, "Will the music still be there for me after tea?". Then he promised to try and learn the words for next visit.

He was SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY.

I just wanted to tell you all

Thanks for listening ;)

Jarnee
XX

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi jarnee

thanks for sharing your story, its so nice to hear a happy story now and then, may the music always be there for your dad.

best wishes

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Jarnee, your lovely story brough tears to my eyes.

May your dad have many months of happiness with his new CD player.

Thanks for sharing, love Connie

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Inspiring

Hi Jarnee,

That's such a great story - I'm going to try & find some Andy Williams for my mother. She won't be able to play it for herself (well past that stage) but at least I can play for her.

Joanne

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Oh that is really happy news :) So pleased for you & your dad :)

In mum care home, a husband of resident is all ways playing music .

The wife naps, because coronation street,is on but when the music come on she sings along & so does my mum & the rest of the resident then I even join in.

We had the DVD music video of there generation music today & a video cartoon that mum like , tomorrow the husband is bring in Doris day vidio .

Last edited: