OK so now what do I do.?

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Thankyou. All of you. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your kind words and advice.I called the doctor and the social worker. Doctor came out to see us and talked about thinking of either care at home or a care home. But he decided to increase the medication from 2 quetiapine to 3 to see how that went. Well OH went to bed at 5 pm, got up to eat dinner when I called him, Ate that and went back to bed at 7.pm. He did not disturb me so I assume he slept and when I woke him at 8.30 he had tea and 2 quetiapine. For the first time in 3 days he let me help him wash and shave etc. We went to town late morning (the first time since middle of December) and did a bit of shopping and had lunch out. None of this was without worry and small problems but so lovely to get out. So the social worker (who I also phoned ) is visiting next Tuesday to try to get see if there is any help or respite she can arrange to help. So for today it has been good day and I can only hope that it will continue for as long as possible. Love to you allxxxxx

Hi Casbow,

Am so glad you had a good day. Please ask for help and take any help you can get. You must be safe too and I mean no disrespect to OH. A recent weeks respite certainly helped me

Heavy rain and a gale blowing outside! Even the cats wanted to come into the house!!

Aisling

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Casbow, just catching up and so sorry to read about the dreadful time you've been having. I hope the increased meds work but don't take the pressure off the social worker, you need to have some time to yourself. If you get a chance it would be worth looking at potential care homes so you have some idea of what's available. As I have said elsewhere my husband is far more settled in his care home than he was at home, he likes things going on and the interaction with the carers. I would never have believed this could be the case. I visit most days and still feel involved in his care but as Fizzie says, a step removed from the nitty gritty. Big hug. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thankyou. All of you. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your kind words and advice.I called the doctor and the social worker. Doctor came out to see us and talked about thinking of either care at home or a care home. But he decided to increase the medication from 2 quetiapine to 3 to see how that went. Well OH went to bed at 5 pm, got up to eat dinner when I called him, Ate that and went back to bed at 7.pm. He did not disturb me so I assume he slept and when I woke him at 8.30 he had tea and 2 quetiapine. For the first time in 3 days he let me help him wash and shave etc. We went to town late morning (the first time since middle of December) and did a bit of shopping and had lunch out. None of this was without worry and small problems but so lovely to get out. So the social worker (who I also phoned ) is visiting next Tuesday to try to get see if there is any help or respite she can arrange to help. So for today it has been good day and I can only hope that it will continue for as long as possible. Love to you allxxxxx

I`m so pleased to read this. I know drugs are criticised but when life becomes impossible to manage they are a necessary and very supportive evil.

Once i read you were becoming frightened of your husband , alarm bells began to ring. We all know it is the illness rather than the person but it does not help overcome the fear.
Medication helped my husband too and the fear was short lived.

Well done for taking action Casbow. I hope the quality of both your lives improves from now on.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan