Ohh how quickly one forgets

Messup

May 15, 2014
How to add threads on this page. Still need a hand or 10.

How time flies even on the longest of days - as someone quoted.

I am trying to get a few weeks of and just realized that i haven't had a holiday for 4 yrs, and I so need one. We have to get checked by the mental health to make sure mum is not into wondering. She doesn't here so she may not where ever she ends up staying.
In nearly a year - gosh that is a long time since I've been on here. Mum is doing it slow, her walk is slow, she had moments of slow thinking, she needs to be helped with dressing. Though she still stubbin. Knows what she likes and dislikes. At the moment is sandwiches made from white bread. She no longer talks about her past and unless talked about Dad - who had been dead for 3 yrs- yet she will recall things that happen a month ago like our visit to my cousins.
At Christmas - because she had not been allowed a pet when young - I got her a kitten, she loves it and the kitten seems to understand that mum needs gentleness for she is so gentle with her.
We now have a little farmyard, 12 chooks, 4 cats, 2 dogs and 4 rabbits. Mum will get up early and go feed the chooks, i get the feed ready the nite before, she seems to remember to do this, I am amazed closer is only a new thing. She loves watching the dogs and cats play with one another. I tell people that i got the animals for her, but really they are for me, depression walks a few steps behind me, but then they all can bring me down.
well I'll go and get mum a cuppa. My heart goes out to all of you lovely people knowing that we are all in this together.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Ohh how quickly one forgets
How to add threads on this page. Still need a hand or 10."

Open the sub forum, in this case 'I care for a person with dementia', and then click on '+Post New Thread' on top right.

Alternatively just click >>>HERE<<<