Oh

annii1

Jul 5, 2012
west sussex
Mum in hospital now having the odd spoon of water not eaten or drank for must be 3 weeks or more. Sleeping. Looks awful. Just skin and bone. Mouthcare but clenched teeth so difficult. We play music, brush her hair I file her nails. I don't know how she goes on. Awaiting a lovely nursing home but they have staff sick so can't take mum yet. I don't know if she will make it there, bless her.

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Annii1 it's so sad to hear of your poor Mum. I completely understand what you are going through. Although your mum must be made of strong stuff as my Dad last 12 days with the odd spoon of fluid and no food. It is so so hard to witness and watch our parents suffer. She would be proud of you being so strong and watching out for her. I know how hard it is as I lost my Dad on 14/8. Stay strong for your family and make sure you get rest, you can't be there all the time. I wish your Mum a peaceful end. Red x

Caroleca

Jan 11, 2014
Ontario canada
Annii1

I have been thinking about you recently wondering how things were going with your
mom. We came on tp around the same time. So sorry to hear your mom is not doing so well. Just wanted to give you a hug and say hello.
Caroleca

annii1

Jul 5, 2012
west sussex
Annii1 it's so sad to hear of your poor Mum. I completely understand what you are going through. Although your mum must be made of strong stuff as my Dad last 12 days with the odd spoon of fluid and no food. It is so so hard to witness and watch our parents suffer. She would be proud of you being so strong and watching out for her. I know how hard it is as I lost my Dad on 14/8. Stay strong for your family and make sure you get rest, you can't be there all the time. I wish your Mum a peaceful end. Red x

Hi Red
I did read your recent posts and understand you have gone through similar with your dad. It's so heartbreaking for all concerned. I hope you are coping. I don't know how mum plods on. Best wishes

annii1

Jul 5, 2012
west sussex
Annii1

I have been thinking about you recently wondering how things were going with your
mom. We came on tp around the same time. So sorry to hear your mom is not doing so well. Just wanted to give you a hug and say hello.
Caroleca

Hello Carole. Thankyou. Yes mum had a fall and hip replacement and really gone downhill from there. So sad to see. How are you?

Gwendy1

Feb 9, 2016
Glasgow
Hi Annii, your mum sounds very frail indeed. Hoping she remains comfortable. So very sad. Thinking of you. Stay strong. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Thinking of both you and your Mum so sorry to read she is so frail,it really is heartbreaking. Sending you a heartfelt hug xx

annii1

Jul 5, 2012
west sussex
Mum is the same really. Sleeping mostly but wakes for short periods. Don't think she is in pain but she tries to move herself round the bed a little. Considering she has had a hip replacement in past few weeks and how weak she must be from no food and the odd spoon of water each day she amazes me. I brush her hair, hold her hand, don't know what else to do. Thankyou for all of your supportive words.

Deacon_30073

Sep 25, 2016
Mrs Tracey

My mom is in the same situation at her moment, stopped eating and drinking, she's lost about 5 stone now, she's in the hospital on a drip to rehydrate her, she's also got a urine infection. She has had about 4 spoons of pureed food off me today. She has pulled her cannula out of her arm twice now. She has lost her speech and it's horrible I cannot understand her. This experience has been heart breaking and I've done so much crying. I can completely understand how u feel. I'm in the process of looking for a new nursing home as the one she was in hasn't been good and safeguarding have been into the home.

annii1

Jul 5, 2012
west sussex
My mom is in the same situation at her moment, stopped eating and drinking, she's lost about 5 stone now, she's in the hospital on a drip to rehydrate her, she's also got a urine infection. She has had about 4 spoons of pureed food off me today. She has pulled her cannula out of her arm twice now. She has lost her speech and it's horrible I cannot understand her. This experience has been heart breaking and I've done so much crying. I can completely understand how u feel. I'm in the process of looking for a new nursing home as the one she was in hasn't been good and safeguarding have been into the home.

I do feel for you, it's heartbreaking watching, waiting. I hope you find a lovely, caring nursing home

Gwendy1

Feb 9, 2016
Glasgow
So very sorry for you and your family, Annii. I'm so grateful your mum passed peacefully. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Oh Annii1 I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Stay strong like your Mum. My thoughts are with you and your family xx

Caroleca

Jan 11, 2014
Ontario canada
I am so terribly sorry for your loss annii....I know it has been such a struggle for you and your lovely mom. May she rest peacefully.
All my thoughts are with you.
Carole

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75