oh this disease...!

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
My mother is so sad over myoclonic jerks. They are tormenting her and today asked "Is this what I am going to be like for the rest of my life?" she also said how she didn't deserve it and always did her best. This is true. My mother did so much for everyone else but never was nice to herself.She says she cant do this anymore. I don't blame her. There is only so much you can take and shes been through too much.

Also sad when she asks for the person shes talking too. She thinks Im a big man that helps her with foot spas and her jeans and will often think I am three different people.

Shes obsessed with her keys and will often go to bed holding them. She wants to go home and they are her way out.

Im just sad and frustrated for her and that she has to go through this.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
It's a torment for all concerned. No one on the outside could envisage such a situation. We know what the real person should be like and wants to be again and we're helpless to sort it out. Things have been much better with my husband for a while but today he feels he needs to be somewhere but doesn't know where that somewhere is. To make things worse he doesn't know where he is right now - what town, what address, God help him and your mother too.

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
It's a torment for all concerned. No one on the outside could envisage such a situation. We know what the real person should be like and wants to be again and we're helpless to sort it out. Things have been much better with my husband for a while but today he feels he needs to be somewhere but doesn't know where that somewhere is. To make things worse he doesn't know where he is right now - what town, what address, God help him and your mother too.

Its so hard. When my dad got cancer, there was a plan to fight it-chemo, radiation, surgery. It didn't work but you felt like we tried, the doctors tried everything. With Alzheimhers, there is so little we can really do and there is so much uncertainty that you cant really plan much for anthing.

We try our best and make sure she has best quality of life we can give her but its so hard.I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I feel for both of you because my wife and I face the same issues every day.

I just reassure, reassure and then reassure but sometimes feel so useless because I know the effect of the reassurance sometime lasts no more than minutes.

I just do my best to ensure that life is as good as it can be for us and fight with my exhaustion while maintaining my smile.

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
I feel for both of you because my wife and I face the same issues every day.

I just reassure, reassure and then reassure but sometimes feel so useless because I know the effect of the reassurance sometime lasts no more than minutes.

I just do my best to ensure that life is as good as it can be for us and fight with my exhaustion while maintaining my smile.

Exactly. You reassure but know that in a few minutes you will start all over again. We are trying our best and Im with you on the exhaustion while smiling. Its also so difficult to hide your emotions around the person. My mother knows instantly if we are sad, angry, tired and appears very affected by it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misty24