OH in respite

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thank you @update2020 - I think respite is hard when they are very physically active. OH is losing his mobility and doesnt want to go out anywhere much. He prefers to stay sat on the sofa and read (not sure how much he takes in), so it is almost certainly easier. He is also still well orientated in the here and now, so doesnt try and escape.

I knew he would forget what happened in the care home, but I had hoped that he would remember that he had enjoyed it. No such luck, but the manager knows that he did, so it might be easier next time.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Thank you @update2020 - I think respite is hard when they are very physically active. OH is losing his mobility and doesnt want to go out anywhere much. He prefers to stay sat on the sofa and read (not sure how much he takes in), so it is almost certainly easier. He is also still well orientated in the here and now, so doesnt try and escape.

I knew he would forget what happened in the care home, but I had hoped that he would remember that he had enjoyed it. No such luck, but the manager knows that he did, so it might be easier next time.
So pleased all went well. I think that you should have the confidence for future times. It may be difficult initially but once over the threshold it could be good again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breazkrissy