Oh heck- hysterical laughter

Perdita

Jun 22, 2009
Suffolk, Uk
I was having a weepy moment while we were having our evening meal about how my poor mum is house bound now. I mentioned to my long suffering husband that I wished we could take her down to our local pub for a little outing. He gave me a wry look and said , 'yeah so she can get the landlord in a headlock' (she does this with my husband as he has to lift her about)

At least it set me off into hysterical giggles instead of tears.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Glad you were able to have a laugh Perdita, even if it was a tad hysterical! :cool:

Know what you mean about long-suffering husbands. Mine is lovely, but tonight when he said 'Do you think we could just stop talking about your mum for a bit?', it brought me up short :eek: I think I managed not to mention her after that for a couple of hours, but we were watching a DVD ;)

All the best

Lindy xx

Perdita

Jun 22, 2009
Suffolk, Uk
I know Lindy, he's really good with her, not many men could stand being beaten around the face and ears when they're just trying help, not to mention the beard pulling :eek:

I sometimes try and stop going on about mum to him,but he's there- I guess it's the same with you. Also, if I do get some precious time with friends, I make sure I talk of other things.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I know Lindy, he's really good with her, not many men could stand being beaten around the face and ears when they're just trying help, not to mention the beard pulling :eek:

I sometimes try and stop going on about mum to him,but he's there- I guess it's the same with you. Also, if I do get some precious time with friends, I make sure I talk of other things.

I think it's the making decisions for mum that I find hardest. It's so difficult not to talk with (or at) OH about these things.....

Talking about friends, I have been highjacked for lunch tomorrow by some former colleagues....we reckon you need a break, they said, although how they knew when I've barely seen them for months, I don't know :confused:

I have my resolution ready, not to talk about mum the whole time! :rolleyes:

Hope you're having a good day

Lindy xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL