OH has passed away

Avis

Nov 2, 2019
Thank you to all out there who have supported me during this awful journey. My OH reached the end of his life last Monday and we fare-welled him on Friday. He passed peacefully listening to his beloved brass band music and members of some of the bands he played with provided the hymns for his funeral despite the current health crisis.
My heart is with all of you who are supporting those you love. It is hard when they are unresponsive, or do not know you or are hostile or child-like; you miss your partner or father or mother - their old self is gone and their new self is unfathomable. But deep down they are still in there, locked away and your heart knows this even when you are exhausted and upset and don't know how you can go on.
I will miss my darling husband every day of my life but I would not have wanted him to go on. He struggled to the finish line and has crossed to a better place.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Thank you to all out there who have supported me during this awful journey. My OH reached the end of his life last Monday and we fare-welled him on Friday. He passed peacefully listening to his beloved brass band music and members of some of the bands he played with provided the hymns for his funeral despite the current health crisis.
My heart is with all of you who are supporting those you love. It is hard when they are unresponsive, or do not know you or are hostile or child-like; you miss your partner or father or mother - their old self is gone and their new self is unfathomable. But deep down they are still in there, locked away and your heart knows this even when you are exhausted and upset and don't know how you can go on.
I will miss my darling husband every day of my life but I would not have wanted him to go on. He struggled to the finish line and has crossed to a better place.
Beautifully put @Avis. Our thoughts are with you. Yes, your husband is in a better place. Look after yourself xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. Sending you my condolences and wishing you strength for the time to come.

His peaceful passing and the contribution of the bad at his farewell must give give you comfort.

Keep posting here as we who have lost our loved ones still find DTP provides much needed support and help through the difficult times we face.

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
So sorry for your loss @Avis

My wife passed away in January so I appreciate just what a difficult time it can be.

This dreadful virus situation is only adding to our woes but I am truly glad that our beloved are not around to witness it.

God bless and stay safe.
Phil

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Such a sad time for you, especially in these turbulent times. Be kind to your self. X

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skituscany