Oh gone off legs

jennypie

Jan 5, 2014
North yorkshire
Not the best day for this to happen Friday had help from neighbour and friend to get him up and down stairs I knew that would be the last time he went upstairs. Rang GP who referred to DN who then referred to rapid response team so two ladies arrive yo put him to bed and couldn't as he couldn't stand I nievely thought an assessment would happen and equipment arrive. So I was advised to ring 111 to cut a long story short a doctor came and what a quandary in hospital or not, if he stayed here I'd have to find some strong people to get him into bed and there he'd stay till equipment available with a risk of chest infection and pressure sore etc so reluctantly he's going to hospital .... hope I've done the right thing!

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
It's so hard to know sometimes, what the right thing is. But you don't want to get pressure sores if you can avoid it, much easier to prevent than heal, and you do need some help or a different care package by the sound of it, so it seems a reasonable choice. I know that sometimes, knowing we've done the right thing doesn't always make us feel any better about it, though.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
When my mum went off her legs we had no choice but to let her go to hospital until we had proper care in place. And she had my dad and her twin sister looking after her. She was tiny, only about 6st (85lbs Amy) but it was too much for the two of them to lift her without hurting her. I had to go round and help.

I think you've got no choice about hospital as am emergency solution. I hope they sort something better out for you soon.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
In 2015 just before Christmas John went offlegs and admitted to hospital after ringing 111. He was kept in for eight days and during that time he got the works in terms of tests etc. I think it was a good thing because he was then brought to the attention of a number of agencies and various aids introduced to help him.

The cause was a chest infection.