oh dear, its christmas

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Tell them the party's down here, alfjess
can I tell these two they can come as well?
spider a.JPG
[I take pictures of anything... ;)

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Wow, I am so much at home with all of you people who don't have sparkling clean houses, cos we have other stuff to deal with, i.e. ill relatives. Thanks so much those of you who have said you don't clean the windows before putting up the tree, I think I might enjoy a bit of Christmas after all! I am hoping that on Christmas Day it is so dark I can close the curtains so no-one will notice the grubby windows! Bless everyone with grubby windows.

Karen, I don't think Brucie was crowing, he was just telling us of a relative he has who is fortunately still very compus mentis, and I have an aunt in the same situation, she is going to Blackpool for Christmas cos she thinks it will be more lively than Glossop, and she is 90 - great! Meanwhile some of us are coping with our sick relatives, but that doesn't mean we have to ignore the fact that some relatives are as lively as hell. Good for them.

Hey folks, let us all wish ourselves the best we can hope for over the festive season. For some of us it will be ****, for some manageable, for some hopefully good, but for all of us we will be doing our best. This is my first Christmas knowing my mum has AD, and my first Christmas on this site. I wish every single person the happiest Christmas they can get.

Love to all

Margaret

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Margaret W said:
I don't think Brucie was crowing, he was just telling us of a relative he has who is fortunately still very compus mentis, and I have an aunt in the same situation, she is going to Blackpool for Christmas cos she thinks it will be more lively than Glossop, and she is 90 - great! Meanwhile some of us are coping with our sick relatives, but that doesn't mean we have to ignore the fact that some relatives are as lively as hell. Good for them.
That's correct Margaret.

I read and re-read the thread and my post to try to find some way that it might offend people, either taken alone, or in the context of the thread, and I couldn't.

After all, what would I have to crow about - a dearly beloved wife who has been afflicted by dementia for the past 16 years?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Bruce, I'm sorry but your huge spider would never survive the frozen wastes of Scotland. We breed 'em small and wiry up here.

The smaller one will be very welcome.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I read and re-read the thread and my post to try to find some way that it might offend people, either taken alone, or in the context of the thread, and I couldn't.

Absolutely right, Bruce. I've posted before about John's 92 year old cousin, who thinks nothing about flying to Germany alone to visit her nephew. The only concession is that she now gets a lift to the airport!

She apologises to me for the fact that she can't be more help, as she doesn't drive on motorways any more!

We're all suffering, that's why we're here, but blinkers don't help.

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
I sometimes think that exposure to this illness makes us even more astonished and in awe of those people who reach such an age and are still fully aware of the world and able to enjoy it. It is not a reflection of those who cannot; more a celebration of hope for us all.

I hope all on TP have as good a Christmas as possible, dust or no dust!

Love from Hazel.

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi All

I say good luck to all the 90+ oldies out there who can still enjoy life, only wish my parents were the same

Do you think any of the 90+ oldies, would want a job as a cleaner:D they seem to have more energy than I have:eek:

Love
Alfjess

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Brucie said:
After all, what would I have to crow about - a dearly beloved wife who has been afflicted by dementia for the past 16 years?

These were also my sentiments and I could not find anything insensitive about Bruce's news. I thought Bruce's story was a good news story a wonderful achievement for his aunt. Dementia is a huge part of all our lives and it is not healthy to begrudge. When I see a elderly person out shopping, gardening or doing whatever my thoughts are happy ones, happy that they are spared the misery of dementia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife