Oh dear, I just lost my rag and shouted

Lizziekins

May 13, 2009
Bath
I feel SO guilty and terrible, as I just completely lost it and shouted at Bill, who, however annoying he gets, obviously doesn't realise what he's doing to me with his constant nagging and wittering.

We had a lovely afternoon yesterday, as I drove us 40 miles each way to go to Slimbridge (wildlife and wetlands place), and Bill really enjoyed it. He didn't know who I was when we got home though , and as I stopped the car outside our house he asked "Will my wife be at home?" I settled him down, but he kept asking "Where's the other one" and "Where's everyone else gone?"

During the evening he went in to the kitchen, and called to me "Are you in the washing machine?" - but then, unusually, had insight into what he'd just said, and roared with laughter, more than he has for a long long time. We went to bed, and Bill slept really well for once.

This morning he woke up in a really bad mood, and while I was setting the table for breakfast he took his pyjama trousers off and came downstairs without them. I suggested he put them back on to have his breakfast (our routine is that he showers after eating - meanwhile I finish off my pot of tea, then go and help him dress, shave, put in hearing aids etc.) He got really angry, said I'm always bossing him about, insisted on having his hearing aids put in before getting in the shower - etc etc etc.....so many issues that I can't now remember them all. Throughout I managed to stay generally calm, though was a bit upset when the usual stream of nagging ended with him shouting at me for not doing up his shirt buttons properly (really???).

So it continued, though while he shut his eyes I did come on here
to report in for weigh-in. Then, the nagging started again, and, honestly, I'd just had enough, and screeched at him like a fishwife.

I know you'll all understand - I don't feel I can burden anyone else with all this. Just typing this has made me feel a bit better (UNTIL NOW!!! - he's telling me I haven't pegged the washing out properly!!! And that it's time I cooked the lunch!!!

I feel like saying very naughty words!

Lizziekins

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I have just come on here for the very same reason except I did the shouting under my breath!!!

Every time I turn around he is standing right behind me and I wanted to go out to the garage (its recycling day tomorrow) and he just wouldn't move from the doorway to let me in or out! It is so frustrating.:(

Do know how you feel better day tomorrow maybe?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Lizziekins

Do you think Bill was particularly annoying today because he was over tired from yesterday. IT doesn`t make much difference because it`s good for both of you to get out, much better than staring at the walls like we do, but I wondered.
Whatever the reason you lost your rag it`s good to acknowledge it, especially here on TP where we have all lost it at some time or other.

Linda I sympathize. I have something similar and it does slow you down and get on your nerves.

ChristineR62

Oct 12, 2009
NW England
I've been yelling too, and way too much (if it's not obvious from what I've written over the weekend!)

My mother announced she was going to the toilet, which is upstairs. I can now hear her in her bedroom, which is above the room where I am.

After yesterday, I am keeping my fingers crossed ... :eek:

Lizziekins

May 13, 2009
Bath
Thank you Linda, Sylvia and Christine.

Sylvia, I too wondered about the tiredness. (Mine too didn't help - after 80 miles of driving yesterday I was not at my best either.) But, going for outings does seem to help. Our worst days are usually those where in theory it's been most restful. Away from home Bill doesn't get reminded of all the triggers that send him off on a rant.

Have been for a walk this afternoon, only round the block really, but a change of scenery. Have been peaceful up to now, but must go now as things are changing!

Lizziekins.

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
Breaking point

Hi Lizzie
I know just how you feel and thats ok. You're no Saint and caring for someone with Dementia requires Canonisation at some stage. Mark will talk endlessly; there is no let up to it. Often it is just repetition of what he has said or someone else said or what was on the news. After the seventh and eighth time my patience wears very thin too. In an attempt to deflect this I will often reply "thats nice" to whatever he said. Occasionally he will catch me out and say "no its not nice" nut mainly he doesn't listen to me reply and I undersatand thats part of the problem. It still drives me mad and every now and again I lose it and get cross with him. Within minutes its started again, but I feel better!!

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Did the same with my MIL (mum) a few weeks ago. She however has no recollection of it but I have the guilt?

It is so hard sometimes and I am not a 24/7 carer?

Love and understanding

JUlie xx

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan