1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Grommit

Grommit Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    Doncaster
    Jean has started feeding her hallucinations with crisps. I gave her a packet last night and she sat talking to her hands for a while, then opened the crisps and ate a couple but left some on the chair arm.

When I asked her why, she said that "she" wanted them and showed me her hand.

I did not press the point and she eventually finished the bag then had the ones on the chair arm.

I wonder if I shall have to start making extra meals for her "friends" and laying another place at the table?

2. alex

alex Registered User

Apr 10, 2006
    Hiya Grommit

Don't have any experience of this kind of hallucination i'm afraid, ...........i know with ray, some days the hallucinations were really bad, but then he might not have any for quite a while................ just wanted you to know your being thought of and i hope Jeans hallucinations improve.

Love Alex x

3. Irish_Lisa

Irish_Lisa Registered User

Feb 24, 2007
    N.Ireland
    My granddad didn't have hallucinations like that but he did see animals in the garden that weren't there & often thought the toy dog in the NH was a real one. It was one of the "cuter" stages of the Alzheimer's Disease if that makes sense. :)

4. Grommit

Grommit Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    Doncaster
    Thanks everyone. I just thought I'd share it as one of the smaller things which makes up this disease.