Odd phone calls.....??!!

EliciasNan

Nov 4, 2017
This weekend has been awful. I am absolutely gutted. My mum is going downhill so quickly. I can't keep up with it all. She is not taking her meds, when she was given them yesterday my husband caught her pocketing them. She has been phoning my daughter saying that her partner has been trying it on with her!!! Then constantly leaving voicemails on mine and my sister's phones saying phone me it's urgent. So we phone her and she tells us all about how my daughter is not speaking to her because her partner has been trying it on with her!!! I even found a note my mum had written to herself saying that it was unbelievable how my daughter is treating her. As you can imagine this is distressing for my daughter....Now today ...not a word about it. Mum just talking her normal repetitive conversations.Social Services are coming to reassess her care needs, she is not washing or showering, I know this because the flannels etc are dry. Don't know for certain if she takes her meds anymore...only when my sister turns up and actually sits and watches her take them, that's only the evening ones....So stressed and worried right now. Can't sleep or concentrate on anything. Don't know what to do, I'm so scared.

chickenlady

Feb 28, 2016
It sounds as though she'll soon need residential care, make sure you can be there when ss come to reassess. Meanwhile make sure all the family understand that these calls and allegations are part of her paranoia and common in many people with dementia, get them to try to laugh it off and to support one another and not to let it upset them. They need to ring one another and laugh it off rather than feeling hurt by allegations.
Hiding medication may also be part of her paranoia and the GP needs to reassess which meds are essential to see if any can be stopped.
Keep posting and feel free to rant, it's what we're here for. Best wishes.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Also ask the gp if all the meds can be taken at same time - evening when your sister is there.