Occupational pension

annais

Jan 27, 2013
My husband who suffers from AH is going into care because I can no longer look after him. I am feeling terribly guilty about this.
His capital is over the upper limit of £23.250, therefore will be fully funding until his capital reduces to this level.
When he is 'means tested' by the LA, is all of his occupational pension taken for fees, because I'm sure I heard somewhere that the LA would ignore 50% of this income used to support wife living in the property. Is this true?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"When he is 'means tested' by the LA, is all of his occupational pension taken for fees, because I'm sure I heard somewhere that the LA would ignore 50% of this income used to support wife living in the property. Is this true?"

Yes

annais

Jan 27, 2013
"When he is 'means tested' by the LA, is all of his occupational pension taken for fees, because I'm sure I heard somewhere that the LA would ignore 50% of this income used to support wife living in the property. Is this true?"

Yes

Thank you for your reply. I can rest assured that I won't be expected to live off my state pension entirely.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello annais, my hubby has just gone into care 3months ago, he has 2 private pensions l get half of those, l could not manage on my pension.

annais

Jan 27, 2013
Hello annais, my hubby has just gone into care 3months ago, he has 2 private pensions l get half of those, l could not manage on my pension.

What a relief, I feel so much better. I wondered how I was going to manage on just my pension. Many thanks

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976