Occupational pension

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by annais, Dec 10, 2015.

1. annais

annais Registered User

Jan 27, 2013
    My husband who suffers from AH is going into care because I can no longer look after him. I am feeling terribly guilty about this.
    His capital is over the upper limit of £23.250, therefore will be fully funding until his capital reduces to this level.
    When he is 'means tested' by the LA, is all of his occupational pension taken for fees, because I'm sure I heard somewhere that the LA would ignore 50% of this income used to support wife living in the property. Is this true?

2. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    "When he is 'means tested' by the LA, is all of his occupational pension taken for fees, because I'm sure I heard somewhere that the LA would ignore 50% of this income used to support wife living in the property. Is this true?"

Yes

3. annais

annais Registered User

Jan 27, 2013
    Thank you for your reply. I can rest assured that I won't be expected to live off my state pension entirely.

4. pamann

pamann Registered User

Oct 28, 2013
    Kent
    Hello annais, my hubby has just gone into care 3months ago, he has 2 private pensions l get half of those, l could not manage on my pension.

5. annais

annais Registered User

Jan 27, 2013
    What a relief, I feel so much better. I wondered how I was going to manage on just my pension. Many thanks