Occasional outbursts of aggression

ebas

Aug 8, 2019
There isn't gong to be a meeting on Monday now as the psychiatrist is monitoring him.My OH is still stripping in the middle of the night & early on Fridaymorning he took out the metal bed frame at the bottom of the bed & today he wouldn't have sheets on his bed & was lying on an unmade bed with his head on the pillows quite happy.He was really pleased to see me.I have been told they won't discharge him until the medication is working.Just hope they keep their promise.At least I feel that they are taking my worries seriously & I feel I am being listened to by the nursing staff.

ebas

Aug 8, 2019
I’m glad you’re being listened to @ebas
Have just heard from the social worker.He is to have a nursing assessment & chc.There will then be a Decision Support Tool Meeting.I have no idea what will happen then.I suppose it depends on the results

ebas

Aug 8, 2019
Just an update. It was decided at the meeting that my OH needed to have 24 hour care & he went into a Dementia Nursing Home last Monday. I have been to see him & he looked very poorly. Still in bed at 11am but decided to get up at 12.15pm.I fetched the carer & then left.Haven't been today but will go tomorrow. I'm going to take the advice of many people on this forum & go & see him before lunch as they don't allow visitors during mealtimes. Just hoping he settles OK. I could easily have brought him home yesterday but I know through being on my own for the past few weeks there is no way I could cope with him now.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Now you know exactly where you stand and that your husband is in the best place for his long term care. You can still care for him but in a different way to when he was at home. Hopefully he will settle and you can enjoy your visits with him by taking in little treats etc.

ebas

Aug 8, 2019
The last update. my partner was taken into hospital last Friday into a & e.Then to May & then to the ward.He was diagnosed with an infection & sepsis. I have been with him at the hospital every day.He died early this morning. Very peaceful. I have been without him for over 3 months so I don't know why I feel so lost

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
My condolences ebas, it will take some time to get your head around your partner dying but at least his end was peaceful and that is all we can ask for our loved ones when they, and we, have suffered through some tumultuous years.
Carol.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
such sad news @ebas
I hope it's a comfort that you were with your partner

however much we miss our loved one as they are taken by this disease, their death is a final parting; it's understandable that you feel lost

be kind to yourself

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry for your loss @ebas

You are bound to feel the loss. I know we grieve beforehand too, but that doesnt negate everything else
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))