Nursing homes

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
I echo what Molly says Aisling. Prayers sent out to you and T for added strength. xx

Hi Jorgie, Molly and lady A. All scans and X-rays are fine. Query regards d diners in blood as they can cause clots. Still on drip since Sunday. Med staff are brilliant but waiting for input from psyc staff as some meds hav driven t mad. He allergic to some drugs and his body went toxic. Meds are frustrated with no input from psy where t was resident.
So am I. Hospital contacting them daily and so am I. Nothing happening. All this deterioration happened in psyc unit. Staff in hospital can do everything for t with no fuss. The whole scenario baffles me. Am sick with worry. So tiring sitting at hospital bed. T ha no idea who I am. He is sleeping a lot.

Aisling xx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
So sorry you're going through this Aisling. I hope things start to look up soon.

Thanks Stanley. The psychs may need therapy when I get to talk to them. In my opinion they didn't properly monitor meds and left him confused, sedated and unable to walk
Then he started to jerk constantly and refused to eat or drink so ambulance called. Lord I am demented. Instead of working out ways of handling behaviour, a tablet or 6 is supposed to control him. A simple Valium might work...On drip since Sunday. I just followed a young man in hospital sure he was our son..... A lovely young man. I don't want t discharged till psy see him and talk to me.

Aisling

Mammamu

Jan 10, 2017
Bucks
Hi Jorgie, Molly and lady A. All scans and X-rays are fine. Query regards d diners in blood as they can cause clots. Still on drip since Sunday. Med staff are brilliant but waiting for input from psyc staff as some meds hav driven t mad. He allergic to some drugs and his body went toxic. Meds are frustrated with no input from psy where t was resident.
So am I. Hospital contacting them daily and so am I. Nothing happening. All this deterioration happened in psyc unit. Staff in hospital can do everything for t with no fuss. The whole scenario baffles me. Am sick with worry. So tiring sitting at hospital bed. T ha no idea who I am. He is sleeping a lot.

Aisling xx

It's all really unfair & hard to believe that this is the best we can do for a person in need!

I'm sending you a hug [emoji847]! Wish I was closer & could make you a cake & bring you a coffee....
Mammamu [emoji202]

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
It's all really unfair & hard to believe that this is the best we can do for a person in need!

I'm sending you a hug [emoji847]! Wish I was closer & could make you a cake & bring you a coffee....
Mammamu [emoji202]

It is a nightmare. It so difficult being totally on my own. Hospital will discharge him back to psyc unit as med scans etc are clear. This worries me as he is not really responding and no food for a week. Am going to ask them not to discharge him until he is responding and eating. No invisible
bothered to give me a hand or let me out of hospital to eat something. Deterioration all started in psyc unit over 3 weeks. All Aly meds out of his system now and he is peaceful and sleeping like a baby.

Numerous requests from doctors for psy to visit him. No response as they are busy. They have about 20 patients in unit and 5 minutes from hospital. all elderly sitting in chairs and undemanding. 2 psyc and a house doctor in charge.

Surely they can't discharge him on a drip?

This is the care of alyzheimers patients in Ireland when they are resistive...part of disease for some people. Med staff can do anything for him with professionalism and kindness. They can handle any situation.

NH can't handle him and don't want him back so psyc unit only place now and after this episode I have no trust in them at all.

Am in hell at present.

Thank you for replying.

Aisling xx

tigerlady

Nov 29, 2015
Sending you much love and hugs and hope you can find some strength to deal with this awful situation. My thoughts are with you. xxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Aisling, so sorry you're in this desperate situation, I do hope there is some resolution soon. xxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Aisling, so sorry you're in this desperate situation, I do hope there is some resolution soon. xxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point
:D

Tim discharged back to psyc unit as they suggested they were more qualified to deal with him then thy realised by are not allowed to use drips!! Back to hospital next morning and still there. On drip and more visits from SALT and dietrition. He settled tonight so I cm home to get some sleep. Hospital staff are amazing I dread to think what will happen when he is discharged back to psyc unit.

Why have we designated NH for Alzy and then they can't cope? I am beyond angry at this stage. T holds his head to the side near his shoulder. Huge bruise on neck now. Happened in psyc unit over the two weeks. Hospital concerned about it. So am I.

You have all experienced sitting at bed day and night. It is truly exhausting !!

Lots of love,

Aisling xx

Mammamu

Jan 10, 2017
Bucks
:D

Tim discharged back to psyc unit as they suggested they were more qualified to deal with him then thy realised by are not allowed to use drips!! Back to hospital next morning and still there. On drip and more visits from SALT and dietrition. He settled tonight so I cm home to get some sleep. Hospital staff are amazing I dread to think what will happen when he is discharged back to psyc unit.

Why have we designated NH for Alzy and then they can't cope? I am beyond angry at this stage. T holds his head to the side near his shoulder. Huge bruise on neck now. Happened in psyc unit over the two weeks. Hospital concerned about it. So am I.

You have all experienced sitting at bed day and night. It is truly exhausting !!

Lots of love,

Aisling xx

Don't know what to say? Just want to send some hugs [emoji847] and hope you can get some sleep [emoji42].
Mammamu [emoji202]

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Likewise, just sending a virtual (((hug))), Aisling. X

Update.

NH admin has visited t in hospital. They can't mind him anymore so he has been discharged today. I need to collect his belonging. . Stil on drip in hospital so discharge will be to psyc unit. Am not happy about it but no other option. I won't say anymore as I am past being angry ith HSE. Devastated,

Aisling xx

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResearchGal1