1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Nursing homes in or close to South wales

Discussion in 'Younger people with dementia and their carers' started by davidw, Apr 11, 2007.

1. davidw

davidw Registered User

Dec 28, 2005
    swansea,uk
    My 58 yo wife was diagnosed with AD about 3 years ago. We have coped pretty well with a little help from our family and friends but the deterioration is obvious ands I guess we will only be able to cope for a year or so more. Does any one have any info on Nursing Homes in South Wales or nearby which are likely to be able to deal well with someone so young and in every other way so well ?

2. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Hi Davidw,

I'm sorry to hear about another younger onset person, and in Swansea as well - my Jan came from Neath, originally, and we knew the area well, of course.

I'd suggest you contact the local Alzheimer's Society branch :

Swansea and Lliw Valley
    The Lodge
    Garngoch Hospital
    Gorseinon
    Swansea
    SA4 4LD

Telephone 01792 891691
    Email branchoffice@alzswansea.org.uk
    Website http://www.alzswansea.org.uk

They will have some knowledge of homes in the area.

We don't encourage members to post details of homes in the public site because such things are always so subjective - though of course, if anyone wanted to recomend one - or otherwise - they could send you a Private Message [PM].

Good luck - caring for young onset people is never easy.

Please continue to use Talking Point as much as you need!

Best wishes

3. happyray

happyray Registered User

Apr 2, 2007
    bridgend
    ime only 50 years old, ime only from bridgend, ive got alzheimers from 4 years ago, me and my wife can help you for anything. :)