Nursing Home

petromany

Sep 16, 2010
West Sussex
Hello everybody, here I am once again, feeling very depressed and very lonely. My dear hubby, has been in a Nursing home now for 5 weeks, and it is not getting any easier. Each time I visit, (I try to take him out if the weather is reasonable) he seems to be glad to see me, however when it comes tome taking him back, or if we stay in, when I leave he wants to come home. I find myself having to creep out . He is one of the better patients, however he has no cognitive score, and he gets very bored, and frustrated, all he does is walk the corridors singing.

I am feeling dreadful and believe I should have kept him home much longer, but I just couldn't cope and GP,MHN etc etc., thought it was time . Now I am getting more sleep and feeling a lot better I want him home, but our children say I will adjust in time and I musn't attempt to do this.

Has anyone had the same experience, and can give any advice as to how to cope alone and feeling this great guilt.

The CH has told me he has lost his glasses today, for the third time, and he cant see that well without them, don't know whether to take his spare pair in, altho, the same thing might happen. Perhaps when I go in tomorrow they will turn up. I try to go in every other day, do you think this is too much, I don't know.....