Nursing Home Neglect

Longtall

Apr 19, 2012
Safeguarding Process

I think everyone has a different view on this dependent upon area, circumstances etc. My view is that it's all a sham, that the care homes, social services, GP's, NHS, advocates etc etc are all in it together and all look out for each other - think along the lines of David & Goliath, except in my experience it's always Goliath that comes out on top.

After a Data Protection request, I was mortified to discover that ESCC social services had tried to have me arrested on contrived allegations of 'Financial Abuse'. The police wouldn't play ball as I had an open and ongoing complaint. When I raised an SVA for the care home neglecting my mum's feet - standard procedures weren't followed, I had already informed the council that I refused to have any dealings with a certain employee of the authority, this employee started the ball rolling before I had even had the SVA acknowledged. The chiropodist was apparently no longer used by the home, nowhere on the planet to be found, but the care home allegedly managed to produce a receipt to say that mum's nails had been cut at some point and just not recorded - call me sceptical, but the wouldn't have been curling over at the ends had this been the case!! So, mum was never neglected, but I was allegedly abusing my mum - which is still not closed!!!! They're all in it together - my advice is shout as loud as and for as long as you possibly can with anything that you can prove!! Have regular breaks as it can get you down and good luck. xxxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I am going to an adult safeguarding meeting on Wednesday.I will be representing carers.

I will report back later.Could be interesting as to get some help to avoid a crisis I had to email the SS's and cite the human rights act.Apparently my LA has a high incidence of crisis situations among vulnerable adults due to their inability to take notice of carers and the expensive day care etc they provide.

I will have plenty to say.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Must say I am aghast to read of falls or evident pain/injury that weren't properly checked. I do think falls are sometimes inevitable - I would never blame a CH for anyone falling if they're still mobile, since nobody can watch them every minute. However, my mother's CH always lets us know at once if she's had a fall (she's had a few) or any other bump or bruise come to that - and she's always properly checked at the hospital if there's the slightest concern.

I do hope you get some satisfaction -it's truly shocking to read of such neglect.