Numbskull

Gordon9

Dec 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Hello Everyone,

At just 60 i have been diagnosed with pre-senile dementia. I have seen a neurologist and he says i have what he called some wera and tear in my brain. i have had a CT scan which did not show anything,

I have a numbness in the right side of my forhead which comes and goes and whilst not painfull is a bit of a ***** nuisance. Can anyone out there enlighten me to what it might be. My Doctor and Neurilogist both say it is a bit of nerve pain that will go away and is not connected with my diagnosis.

Any ideas anyone ?

Many thanks and a Merry Christmas to you all

Gordon9

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hi Gordon, and welcome to TP (although sorry you have to be here).

Firstly, I have to say I have no idea what the problem could be. However, I do think that your doctors are being truthful with you - nerve damage can occur for all sorts of reasons, and unless it is actually causing you pain, it's generally left to heal on its own, because there's not a lot that can be done. For several years I had a patch (about 4 sq cm) on my thigh that was intermittently numb, and I was told the same as you - nerve damage, nothing to worry about. Strangely, I had forgotten all about this until I read your post - it has now been 3 or 4 years since I last experienced it. I can only assume that it healed. So no insight I'm afraid, just a personal experience with something similar.

Jennifer

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Gordon. So Sorry you`ve had to come to Talking Point at such an early age. I `m sure you will find lots of support here.
I wonder if the symptoms you feel are caused by stress. I know stress is often seen as a `get out` for medics, but it can be responsible for many unexplained symptoms, and as you have obviously had cause for concern, it might be the source.
It will be interesting to see if this numbness to your forehead goes of its` own accord, once you have accepted it [if you are able to].
Please keep in touch with TP. We have all found it so supportive.
Regards Sylvia