Now what???

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
This is so strange, the very different ways Alzheimer's plays havoc with all our lives. My husband loves every single food I offer him, tells me at least five or six times during every meal what a great cook I am....even though sometimes I've only warmed up something in the microwave. Sometimes I cook four portions, so the next day I can warm it up and don't need to cook, he doesn't remember yesterday's dinner. So now I realise just how lucky I am in that regard.

That's not to say everything else is easy...we have --lost key battles, lights on or off battles, windows open/closed battles,heating on/off battles, shopping battles, car driving battles, buying a newspaper battles, going out battles, staying home battles, battles with strangers over trivial offences, doctor battles, gardening battles, "didn't like the tone of what you just said " battles, "where have you been hiding?"battles, bedtime battles, showering battles.. Every day it's like tiptoeing through a minefield.

I just ate a whole packet of biscuits that i didn 't even want, all due to the frustrations of trying to avoid these situations!

Can't offer any advice except what's been said,keep as calm as possible and change the subject, then try again later. But I don't recommend munching biscuits as a solution!

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Err as for the munching on the biscuits you're a bit late there, one of the bakers in town does these lovely plain biscuits with sugar granules on top, very nice dunked in coffee :)