Now very stressed. My husband is unable to unable to understand latest situation re coronavirus. My family, 9 miles away cannot help as bot daughter

safray

Feb 2, 2017
Very confused. Trying to post but eveything I try to do is very difficult. We are both in mid 80's & I care for my ;husband with alzheimas. Running out of supplies but daughter and grandaughter both restricted as asthmatic & they are unable to visit us nor do shopping , they live 9 miles away. Need prescriptions, milk & other foods, do not know what to do

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Where in the country are you?(nearest big town will do)
Have you contacted your local Social Services or Church?

Bod

mysanity

Jun 18, 2019
This really worries me. Is there not a member of the Administrator team that can contact this lady to find out where she lives. Has she provided details when she registered, such as a telephone contact number.

Call the Alzheimers National Helpline. There will be Dementia Advisers/Support Workers allocated to your area. They will signpost you to services in your area that can help you.

National Helpline Number: 0300 2221122

Last edited:

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
@safray have you enquired if your pharmacy delivers? Could your neighbours help with shopping or what about online shopping? If you don't feel able to do it, could your daughter/granddaughter order for you? I know things are hard to get at the minute but it should (fingers crossed) ease off soon.
Do you have help with your husband? many care companies will do shopping for you.

Please keep posting as I am concerned about you.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Contact covidmutualaid.org, they are a network of volunteers helping the elderly and vulnerable with shopping and errands.

SophieD

Mar 21, 2018
London
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that we've made contact with safray following their post.

If you're concerned about someone and think they may need more immediate support, please feel free to hit report or contact us directly.

Annie313

Mar 16, 2020
What wonderful support for saffray. And her husband .
does anyone know if there is any support for vulnerable people near Chipping Norton Oxfrdshire.

I would appreciate advice on what is the best tracking device for a dementia patient, we have phone tracking but is there another device that is safer?

i am new to the community and really asking questions on behalf on my brother who is very vulnerable to the. COVID19 following double pneumonia and low SATS, my dear sister in law has limited memory with limited patience and the need to go out twice a day from early morning and is unable to remember where she has been.
she has an established routine and seems happy in her own world at this time.
The family are unable to help with their own problems and vulnerabilities and live outside the country.
any advice would be so welcome.

Thanks Annie313 please stay safe

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Sorry Annie, we live some miles away, I knew Chipping Norton when we lived in Hook Norton. It used to seem a supportive Community, I am sure there will be something in place if not now very soon.
Do you know of any organisations in the town? I am sure you could find some on the web. Perhaps someone could suggest someone in the town. A shop or church etc.
Is he known by social services? If not get in touch with them for guidance,

Annie313

Mar 16, 2020
Thank you AliceA
i live a long way away and under self isolation, I am sending links to my brother but I think he is finding it hard to arrange, he is also not very Mobile.
i hope you are keeping well and safe at these difficult times
love Annie 313

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBTC