Now it's eggs

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Not an egg in sight today in Sainsbury's or Asda. Why are people so selfish with no thought of others. It isn't important to me to actually buy eggs anymore but if this had happened a couple of months ago then I would have had a complete meltdown in the shop because the only thing that kept my dad going for a long long time was scrambled eggs mixed with double cream.

There was no soup either, another staple that dad could manage to eat.

Just a rant but it really made me quite cross to see all the empty shelves.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
We're having the same problems here. It is quite ridiculous to see. We bought 4 tins of tuna and I thought that was a fair bit. Couldn't find pasta or rice. Fortunately, meat, fruit and veg are still readily available. As is ice cream, which is a dairy product so must be healthy.....

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
I know what you mean. Although our local Lidl hasn't even had ice cream for a week, nor any frozen pizza which being a university town I can hazard a guess who are buying them.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
???? I'm pleased that I bought a dozen eggs last week now, although there were loads around then and no indication that they would become scarce. I think the panic buyers have run out of storage space for loo rolls and pasta now and are moving on to the smaller volume essentials they think they might need excess amounts of. Time to stock up on corn plasters and pop socks............

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Asda had toilet rolls! I managed to replace the ones I gave to my mother in law on Saturday. She produces an awful lot of mucus and goes through an inordinate amount of tissues, which we couldn’t then get but have now

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I wish I had read that earlier. There's no eggs in my local Sainsbury either, so may have to try the local farms or the pub in the Mendips that sells them. I think the landlord also owns a farm.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Luckily there still seems to be plenty of Easter eggs on the shelves as due to working from home my emergency stock of crème eggs is rapidly depleting.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Eggs were available in our local farm shop. We also headed to local garden centre to get seed potatoes etc for our veg plot. We did also see plenty of fancy gift soap there if anyone is desperate it may be a place to try

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
???? I'm pleased that I bought a dozen eggs last week now, although there were loads around then and no indication that they would become scarce. I think the panic buyers have run out of storage space for loo rolls and pasta now and are moving on to the smaller volume essentials they think they might need excess amounts of. Time to stock up on corn plasters and pop socks............

Hi @Louise7
I actually did have to get corn plasters ? feet were so sore between my little toes all this walking my dog, friends dog as his legs troubling him (friends legs not dogs :eek: ) and shopping for old dad and old partner ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Thanks @Louise7 ? My mum and her blinking pop socks worn with skirts that aren’t long enough to cover them ! It’s a daily battle to try and encourage her to wear trainers and socks . So I really hope there is a shortage of pop socks . When she puts them in the wash I put them in the bin.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thanks for brightening up my day

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Thanks @Louise7 ? My mum and her blinking pop socks worn with skirts that aren’t long enough to cover them ! It’s a daily battle to try and encourage her to wear trainers and socks . So I really hope there is a shortage of pop socks . When she puts them in the wash I put them in the bin.

I'm clearing out Mum's house and there definitely isn't a shortage of pop socks there - there must be hundreds of them! :eek: I have a cunning plan to promote pop socks on social media as an alternative to the surgical face mask and offer them for sale at £10 each. It's bound to catch on and the supermarket aisles will then be full of people resembling 1970's bank robbers fighting over the last pack of american tan ;)

did have a bit of a laugh about that as did my husband who has mild vascular dementia need to keep a sense of humour

Yes, as hard as things are a sense of humour helps to make things seem less bad, if only for a little while.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I feel your pain , we have thousands of them and she rarely gets two of the same shade :rolleyes: , no one can understand why I don’t get stressed when she goes out like that. Please don’t send me any !?.