Now I only have one parent with Alzheimers....mum passed away

snowygirl

Jan 9, 2014
Words do not come easily but on Monday morning I watched as my lovely mum slipped from this world into a more peaceful dementia free one. As you may know my mum had been in hospital for many weeks and we were almost on the point of putting her into a nursing home when her heart decided it had had enough and from last Thursday she was in 'end of life care'. I sat by her bedside for 4 days the longest and hardest 4 days of my life but I had time to say goodbye and her last days were spent listening to the banter of her children and her favourite musical songs. In a way it couldn't have been better. I say that but the other great sadness of the past few days was not having dad there who having Alzheimer's himself would not have understood or coped with our grief. Thank you for your help with my posts over the past few months. Mum never deserved her final 9 weeks in hospital or her final year being separated from my dad but she is at peace now and knowing when I speak to her she can actually understand me now puts a smile on my face at a very difficult time.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. I'm glad your mum is at peace now though. Sending my condolences and wishing you all strength.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
she is at peace now and knowing when I speak to her she can actually understand me now puts a smile on my face at a very difficult time.

I'm very sorry snowygirl; remember your words as you face the times ahead.

My condolences to you and your family.

Love,

Lyn T XX

juliajulia

Apr 2, 2016
I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. She's at peace now and will be so proud watching down on you. Stay strong lovely.
With love xx

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
So sorry for your loss, I am glad your Mum had a peaceful end with her family around her. I hope you find comfort in that. Stay strong for your Dad. I wish you well. Red xx

snowygirl

Jan 9, 2014
Just wanted to say thank you everybody I know my mum is at peace and now she will watch down on my dad everyday.xx