Nothing's the same without you

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
That's true. It is different without my wife. She loved Parisienne Walkways by the late Gary Moore. She liked this song too, probably because it echoes the first. After 2 pints of Wild Nobility I'm in a sentimental mood.. It will still sound good in the morning.

Dosey

Nov 27, 2017
Beautiful. Never heard of him or this song. Maybe we are to young. Sums up how I feel about my beautiful husband who has been in Care now for 14 weeks.
Thank you Northumbrian K

Well went on to iTunes to purchase this song, then seen he is the singer from thin lizzy, remember them from my young days lol. I am 61 so not that young.
Have had a couple of pink gins and a wee trip down memory lane and a few tears. So lonely being on your own after 45 years together. Also bought an old album ballads and blues recognised some of the songs.
Visiting my lovely best friend, husband my everything tomorrow.
Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease.
X

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
A lovely song. I'd not heard of it.

Like Sylvia I know how it feels. I hope the day is good to you.

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
That's true. It is different without my wife. She loved Parisienne Walkways by the late Gary Moore. She liked this song too, probably because it echoes the first. After 2 pints of Wild Nobility I'm in a sentimental mood.. It will still sound good in the morning.

Never heard it before but it says it all . Made me cry as OH has been in a care home for nearly a year now and I miss him so much. A lovely song.

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Hi @northumbrian_k

I don't remember this song but it is lovely and very poignant - nice guitar too.

I can empathise with @Dosey as although I am still able to care for my lovely wife at home (just about), I still feel lonely. She is always happy but can't really communicate which makes for a very one-sided relationship these days.:(

With so many of us couples in this situation, we should consider setting up an "absent soulmate" club?:rolleyes:

Phil

Never heard it before but it says it all . Made me cry as OH has been in a care home for nearly a year now and I miss him so much. A lovely song.
I have Alzheimer's, and I know that it's only a matter of time before I leave my wife behind. It's the only thing about my condition that grieves me.

I find great solace and inspiration in listening to this particular track by the Tom Robinson Band: