not sure of what to do or what im dealing with :/

pinkprincess

Jul 4, 2015
stoke on trent
ive phoned mum n dad.She has now admitted she is having appointments so at least its in the open.She was lovely on the phone :/ she said that a lady had come to the house and memory tested her she scored 65% she said she knows theres a problem, the lady has told her ther is a problem.

Shes got a brain scan in 6 weeks. told me please don't worry. Im goin to see them tomorrow iv asked if they need anything, feel im not doing enough but they still want to be independent she says her and dad r going tescotoday together. I love them so much, mixed emotions. Ive got a dental appointment for a filling and will hav to take the twins in with me as I don't want to leave them with dad on there own with her being there, I bloody hope they stay still while im having the dental work ! :/

pinkprincess

Jul 4, 2015
stoke on trent
thanks for uer advice risa xx and all the other who commented xx

So sorry that your Mum is behaving this way but at least she is being assessed and help will come. Hopefully with medication, your Mum's behaviour will change and you can have nice family visits in time.

However I agree with everyone else, it is not fair to you or your little ones to be put in a stressful and unpleasant situation. If other relatives are involved, then don't feel guility about taking a step back. As a Mum you have to put your family first and do what is best in a difficult situation. Your Dad is an adult and whether he agrees with you or not, he can understand your actions but your twins will not understand why they are being treated differently so they need to be protected from the situation.

I am an identical twin and I am super close to my twin - I hope your sons have the same bond and are each other's best friend. Like me and my sister maybe your twins are very protective of each other and if you hurt one, you hurt them both? The 'good' twin could be feeling guilty about being favoured against his brother so neither twin will benefit from seeing your Mum in the current situation. You sound an excellent Mum and daughter so don't be hard on yourself if you can't please everyone.

thanku for ur advice x