Not sure about getting a carer in these terrible circumstances

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
Hi all hope your all ok under these terrible circumstances so stressful
I live with my dad and have respite carers currently only 1 x 2 hours a week and did have another to take my dad out that was weeks ago but since cancelled not sure if i should take new carer on under these circumstances as they would 1) be required to take my dad out normally to cafe walk shopping centre for 3 hours but obviously these are closed could still take for a walk but gov advice is changing all the time and he shouldn’t really be out as over 70 but he’s impossible to keep in (thats another story )
will get aggressive if kept in doors ( all day dreading next few months and if orderd by gov that people have to stay in i really dont know what im going do he will end up being sectioned) thats how bad the situation is but going back to the carer im not sure its wise due to virus risk but on the other hand if the other carer gets called off sick etc he will have nothing or rather me he doesn’t need hoisting feeding etc so feel guilty that im taking precious carers away anyway .☹️

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
From memory,, I think you said that you lived in London?
I should imagine that the carer will stop coming at some point soon. (Sorry)
Stay as strong as you can and in your case you will have to do your best but not worry if it’s not enough. How can you keep dad safe with all this going on!!
If he starts to get dangerous to you ring for the police immediately as they may take extra time to come. I cannot be physically with you but you have my thoughts with you at this horrible time.
Please take care of yourself

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
From memory,, I think you said that you lived in London?
I should imagine that the carer will stop coming at some point soon. (Sorry)
Stay as strong as you can and in your case you will have to do your best but not worry if it’s not enough. How can you keep dad safe with all this going on!!
If he starts to get dangerous to you ring for the police immediately as they may take extra time to come. I cannot be physically with you but you have my thoughts with you at this horrible time.
Please take care of yourself
Yes i do ! Inner London
I thought she would be ! Shes also got 6 kids the other carer i dont know yet ive not met her but the care agency asked if i want her to come theres no were for her to take my dad i also dont have a car so no were for me to whilst shes about ie for coffee
So so stressful what a nightmare i got gloves but dad wont wear them wont wash hes hands or doesn’t do it properly ive resorted to getting hot clothes and scrubbing g hes hands

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
My OH is at present on a discharge ward in hospital waiting for a care plan but they just cannot get carers and so the wait goes on. The carers they want will only wash her in the mornings and give her her medication and reverse in the evening. Now that the bed is downstairs I know I could do these tasks and have offered so as to free carers for other duties but they refuse to consider it.