Not quite sure where to put this one - left over incontinence supplies

Discussion in 'After dementia — dealing with loss' started by Marnie63, May 23, 2019.

1. Marnie63

Marnie63 Registered User

Dec 26, 2015
    Hampshire
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do with left over (but opened) packs of incontinence bits and pieces? I've got 8 packs of assorted pads/pants/bedsheets. I know no one (NHS, nursing homes, etc.) will take them due to the packs being opened, but there's nothing wrong with them apart from that! I just can't bring myself to throw it all away, seems such a waste. I suppose someone who knows me (and how clean things are around here!) would take them, but I don't know anyone who needs such stuff.

Any ideas?

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Our Day Care Centre would happily take anything like that, and I have seen inco pads offered on Freecycle.

3. Marnie63

Marnie63 Registered User

Dec 26, 2015
    Hampshire
    Thanks Beate, I'll take a look. We had a lot of support from 'the system', so I'd be happy to pass these onto a home or day care centre. I will ask around.

4. malengwa

malengwa Registered User

Jan 26, 2017
    Mums care home were really grateful for all of hers!

5. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I found that people wouldn't take opened packs. The continence service we used took the unopened ones. I eventually gave the opened packs to others I knew who were caring for someone at home.