not himself

pumpkin31

Mar 26, 2020
Just phoned my husband in the home and hes very low in mood he wasnt himself this morning and asked me to phone again tonite.He said u have abandoned me cause u have not been to c me in months and i would be better off if i end it all. have never seen him with such a low mood. tried to explain why i cant come and see him but all he says is u have abandoned me and he does not want to go on.I said u r a fighter and u dont let things get u down he said whats the point when your wife doesnt care. I rang the home straight after and talked to the carer and she said hes fine which hes not. Im depressed as it is he says he does not like it there as hes only existing and u got a wife that does not care.Ido care and i would be there in a heart beat if they would let me in which they wont. Only alternative is bring him home as hes certaintly not happy there.Hes come thru so much prostrate cancer heart problems chest infections and the like but what he said tonite has knocked me for six hes never talked like that even though he has alzheimers and vascula dementia hes always thought positive and these negative thoughts hes having now r very worrying 4 me has really upset me what he said tonite.

Ernest

Jan 23, 2018
I feel everything you say Pumpkin31 . It's just so hard to get your head round. This host/hostess mode is so difficult to understand isn't it? My husband sounds absolutely fine when I ring him in his CH. The carers say he's fine so I wonder is it me who is making it worse. Like you, before lock down he would accuse me of not caring, abandoning him in the place he didn't want to be. He was going to walk out then I'd be sorry!! As I posted before are we going to have to change our pattern of care and leave it to the carers?? The trouble is my head doesn't believe that he's fine but then again which is the real him ?? You sound very similar to me and your husband is always on your mind. I know he's in the best place and getting better care than I could give. Is it time to relinquish? I don't know but after all that I'm so with you Pumpkin31. Take care x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laneyd