Not heard anything about Personal Independence Payment

mumbasi

Sep 1, 2013
We applied for the Personal Independence Payment in April for my sister who is 59. It is now nearly October that is 6 months.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
I contacted them in June and they said they have received the papers but had a bit of a backlog!!!!
I think 6 months is ridiculous. Don't know what to do next.

Benrese

Apr 12, 2014
Lancashire
Hi Mumbasi,

I didn't previously know anything about PIP, but saw your post and decided to investigate. It seems many people are struggling to get a reply. Apparently so many are going through the same wait, that someone has decided to make a TV series about it!

http://dpac.uk.net/2014/01/have-you-waited-months-for-a-pip-assessment/

As for your updates, I would certainly call again and try and get the name of the person who is giving you the updates.

I hope you find relief and assistance soon!

Cheers,

mumbasi

Sep 1, 2013
Thanks for that Benrese. What a terrible state of affairs. I think I will contact my sisters MP and at least let someone know. Thanks again.

leicester61

Aug 26, 2012
Leicestershire
We applied for the Personal Independence Payment in April for my sister who is 59. It is now nearly October that is 6 months.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
I contacted them in June and they said they have received the papers but had a bit of a backlog!!!!
I think 6 months is ridiculous. Don't know what to do next.

Hi
thought I would just let you know about my experience with PIP, we waited approx 10 mths to get a decision and i think the only reason it got sorted out that quickly was because i called on a regular basis, sent in letters of complaint and also got my local mp involved. They have a huge back log and it dosnt seem to be getting better which is ridiculous as they have supposedly took on extra staff to help with it. I hope you get a solution soon.
Suz x

mcflod

Oct 17, 2012
hi

i applied on 5th february and finally heard back last friday from them. they are taking a very long time but its now saying once the 3rd party company have the info it can take 6 motnhs. my mum didnt have to have an assessment and it was all back dated hope this helps you

Raz

Sep 22, 2014
Pip

We put in a claim last December. An assessor came out in August and everything moved fairly quickly after that.
It will all be back dated.
If you haven't chased them up then do so.

lassie

Oct 5, 2014
Scotland
Hi there!

I applied for PIP on 9th December, eventually had my assessment on 20th September and just got my award letter last Saturday (4th October). Payment was backdated to 9th December, thankfully!

JigJog

Nov 6, 2013
Hi,

We also had a very long wait but getting in touch with our MP had things moving very quickly.

I would certainly recommend the MP route.

JJ x

mumbasi

Sep 1, 2013
Thanks for all replies. I rang the department today and they asked me to ring Atos to find out current status. I did this and their computers were down! So I have contacted the MP's office and they are going to look into it.
I will be back result or not.
Just to let you know of horrendous weekend I have had courtesy of npower but will start a new thread.

mumbasi

Sep 1, 2013
Result!
I rang the office of my sisters MP last week on 7th October. His caseworker took details and said will be in touch. A message was lefft on my phone yesterday by the caseworker to say that Alec Shelbrook the MP had been in touch with the department the result being that sister does not need to attend for assessment and the case will be dealt with urgently. My sister received a letter this morning saying same. What a carry on. Thanks for all your support.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix