Not good

Justmary

Jul 12, 2018
West Midlands
Today did not start well. Woke at 7:30 to hear OH mumbling "not good, not good" as he walked to and fro around the bedroom. He was correct. There was a trail of soft, squidgy poo leading to the bathroom and he was treading it further into the carpet. I spent the next 2 hours on my knees in rubber gloves. However I hope I've prevented it from happening again as after lunch I went and bought a carpet cleaner.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Might I recommend pet "accident" cleaner/neutralising spray. I bought some from Pets at Home, but Im sure other places are just as good. It seemed to get rid of that awful "lingering" small

Justmary

Jul 12, 2018
West Midlands
Might I recommend pet "accident" cleaner/neutralising spray. I bought some from Pets at Home, but Im sure other places are just as good. It seemed to get rid of that awful "lingering" small
Ah thank you. I raided the cupboard and used what I had, but I can still detect a faint odour. I'll put it on the list.

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Oh Mary , how do you cope with this horror with such equanimity? For me this would definitely be the time to go for residential care, if I hadnt already done so, and a replacement carpet.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
As you will have gathered this has happened with OH.
Fortunately I have mostly hard/tiled/vinyl flooring and a steam mop is a godsend
Good disposable gloves and petroleum jelly up the nostrils are advised too.

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
With double incontinence a mobile PWD and a tendency to remove pads or pull ups, there would be a case for NHS continuous nursing care. Some people are lucky enough to get this. Just because its hard to get, doesnt mean its not worth applying.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
With double incontinence a mobile PWD and a tendency to remove pads or pull ups, there would be a case for NHS continuous nursing care. Some people are lucky enough to get this. Just because its hard to get, doesnt mean its not worth applying.

One of the reasons why I want to be present when the care placement assessment is done, but SW being allusive!

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Ive just had SW today to do a needs assessment and he also filled in the NHS form. He seems to think my husband stands a chance but tbh when I read how bad some on here are I dont think mine will get it.

Justmary

Jul 12, 2018
West Midlands
Oh Mary , how do you cope with this horror with such equanimity? For me this would definitely be the time to go for residential care, if I hadnt already done so, and a replacement carpet.
I'm sure it was just a one off. I had a feeling that he wasn't entirely well. You see, he is still physically strong and walks around ok, but he can no longer communicate very well. So he said he was fine when I asked but I wasn't convinced. Today he has used the toilet without any prompting. But I do think that the time for care is approaching and I know that I should be starting the procedure... I might even have a little look at new carpets.

Justmary

Jul 12, 2018
West Midlands
As you will have gathered this has happened with OH.
Fortunately I have mostly hard/tiled/vinyl flooring and a steam mop is a godsend
Good disposable gloves and petroleum jelly up the nostrils are advised too.
Petroleum jelly up the nostrils? I've never heard of that but it makes sense. I do so hope I don't have to do it again though. Thank you.

pinkwizard1

Oct 9, 2017
Thank you. I hope so too. I must admit I was quite surprised how I just got on with it.[/QUOTE
Yes, we just get on with it. Mum is doubly incontinent and I get pads and floors and walls on a daily basis. Good on you to find the gloves, then get a carpet cleaner! It's hard but the smile is worth it when you know the OH is all clean and smelling of roses again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caroline124