Not going well

Honey

Dec 30, 2006
Bedfordshire
Young People wit Dementiia - Not going well

This is the first time i have looked on the discussion forum and i am not sure if i am relieved that others are going through the same thing with young children and all the struggles of poor care provision or scared witless that it really is going to get worse! Just a general question if the support is so bad why isnt more being done to support carers and families? I want to fight all the time but should i just be going with it? Talking on behalf of my mum who is the carer it just takes so long to get anything organised and i cant quite understand how bad it will get. Already he cant do much for himself and is totally rreliant on my mum - memory id bad but he seems to hold it together for me! We saw the consultant who showed us a graph with various different competencies on it and a timeline and it looks like Dad is in the late stages of stage 2 dimensia! Would be good to hear your comments and will now become a more regular poster. BTW my dad refuses to believe he is ill - anyone else come across this?:confused:

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Oh Honey my love, firstly welcome...........and then to continue. I believe we have more knowledge of people on TP who have never come to believe there diagnosis of dementia than anywhere else.

So many times we hear:"my mum does not accept, my dad does not think, my, sister, my husband etc" all too familiar, but does not make it any less real.

Glad you have found us, continue to drop in and see what is going on. Regards,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Honey, I`m glad you`ve found TP. I hope you don`t despair too much.
All the ups and downs, have to be faced, as we aren`t given a choice. How we cope is up to us.
My husband, not only refused to believe it, but now that he does, is convinced he will get better. Each time he has a set back, is like a slap in the face.
Keep in touch with TP and get your mum to log on too. I`m sure she`ll be helped.
Love Sylvia x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife